• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Posted on the Gibson Forum:

lp.jpg
lp4.jpg
lp2.jpg
lp3.jpg

That is very nice, looks much better to me than a studio, not sure why.

Man if Gibson offered the same build with humbucker options, don't know why one would even need to get a $2,500 standard, I can live without the binding, and they would sell a gazillion and put a stop to the need to get off brands, but I guess it's just a dream.

• Members

Man if Gibson offered the same build with humbucker options, don't know why one would even need to get a $2,500 standard, I can live without the binding, and they would sell a gazillion and put a stop to the need to get off brands, but I guess it's just a dream.

they are cheap enough to re-route. :poke:

• Members

what's the difference between this with humbuckers and a normal studio? Sorry if this is obvious to others, but I can't tell. Looks like a regular studio with p90s to me. Why is this such a great bargain?

• Members

what's the difference between this with humbuckers and a normal studio? Sorry if this is obvious to others, but I can't tell. Looks like a regular studio with p90s to me. Why is this such a great bargain?

price out used studios then get back to me. :poke:

• Members

I want to WAIT and see if this thing is actually a GOOD guitar with decent QC or just another Gibson les paul that has the same QC issues as some of their $3,000.00 to $5,000.00 guitars.

If it has good QC on all the models then that is a small step twords me buying one. But these will not be available for another year if that. So I am in no hurry.

In the meantime I will ask owners of these if they are all they are cracked up to be.

I can always get one used later on.

• Members

I stopped in my local shop today and made a payment towards mine. I have it on ordered and paying like layaway until it arrives at the end of June. I talked to the girl that did my order wanting to make sure I would not get bumped. She ordered directly from Gibson at the time (mid May) she had 2 available and I got the first one. So she reassured me I would not be bumped. Can't wait.

The one posted above looks very nice kind of made me rethink the Goldtop for a second. Those pictures were very nice.

• Members

Yes, but I believe that model has no maple cap. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that guitar is all mahogany. The electronics are upgraded in the 50's Tribute as well, although price difference on caps and whatnot is really a drop in the bucket.

Archived