New Gibson LP Goldtop w/P90's, $849!

docjeffrey

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But, the binding is gonna cost you an extra $3000.

For a couple of Benjamins, somebody could install binding for you.

"Hey, can you remove some wood and add strips of plastic to the neck of my guitar please ? Why ? I don't know. I know it doesn't make it play any better. I guess I just want future fretwork to be more difficult."

• Members

Oh man, I keep seeing these in posts here, and I MISS THE BINDING!

Petty, aint I!
:D

:thu:

Fuck, I think it has binding - http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute.aspx. Now I am regretting my Epi '56 reissue purchase..... maybe the Worn goldtop finish looks like crap as compared to a regular goldtop finish? :facepalm:

FUck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!

LPWornGoldtop.jpg

• Members

"Hey, can you remove some wood and add strips of plastic to the neck of my guitar please ? Why ? I don't know. I know it doesn't make it play any better. I guess I just want future fretwork to be more difficult."

Dude, it's common knowledge that a particular formulation of vinyl binding used on guitars in the 1950's (and currently used on all Gibson CS guitars) creates even order harmonics. But the plastic molecules have to be aligned correctly or you get odd order harmonics.

Just take it from this guy. He knows everything:

PaulWatsonR_468x672.jpg

• Members

83145.jpg

Also available in worn ebony, HCSB, honeyburst, white.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPST50-LIST

Shipping 6/29 for some colors; 8/7 for others.

As I think I mentioned in one of the previous threads about these things...it's about time.

Gibson has needed to make a move into this price point with a good guitar for a while and it's nice to see they are finally doing it. The whole $3K starter price for an LP that had quality issues and "you should feel honored just to have the name on the headstock" thing was just not working for them.

That looks like a nice guitar (binding or not) and hopefully it will sound and play like one too.

• Members

Fuck, I think it has binding -
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute.aspx
. Now I am regretting my Epi '56 reissue purchase..... maybe the Worn goldtop finish looks like crap as compared to a regular goldtop finish?
:facepalm:

FUck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!

LPWornGoldtop.jpg

Faux wood binding. They mask off the edge of the maple before spraying the color coat. There are some better pics in some of the other dozen or so threads on this model.

And remember...it's limited.

• Members

Faux wood binding. They mask off the edge of the maple before spraying the color coat. There are some better pics in some of the other dozen or so threads on this model.

And remember...it's limited.

I'm OK with faux binding and could live without the fretboard binding....... A Gibson LP Goldtop, with body (faux) binding and Trap inlays..... dammit where was this when I was looking a few months ago. My choices were an Epi at $500 or a Gibson at $2200+. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Members

^^^Yep, a la PRS.

I think they will be extremely popular. You might consider reserving one now if you want it before Christmas.

On the other hand, if if comes out of the factory looking like crap...

The shit economy is great for us guitar enthusiasts. Martin has a new 15 series all mahogany lineup that looks amazing with a real wood inlaid rosette--not a decal like the old ones. We are seeing these makers resort to Depression Era manufacturing, no frills, fair prices. Love it.

00015MAH_body-front.jpg

00015MAH_headstock-front.jpg

• Members

btw.

Sweetwater is accepting pre-orders now:

no photos yet...

They've been accepting preorders since this model popped up in April. Amazon was for a while as well.

I think they are making and shipping 720 of each color over 6 months to sell worldwide. So, I'm guessing some preorders won't be filled.

Archived