New Gibson LP Goldtop w/P90's, $849!

docjeffrey

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Can anyone explain to me what I'm missing by NOT buying one of these and sticking with my faded double cut special?

Whats that Maple top and extra body mass gonna do to the sound.

I ask, because my cheapie LP special is the BEST sounding p90 guitar I have ever played...sounds better than my old '66 SG junior I had, and my loaner '54black beauty reissue.

Hows this gonna sound compared with say an LP junior?

I'm interested....

:thu:

I doubt you'd hear a difference through an amp. Your shoulder might notice though.

EG

• Members
Can anyone explain to me what I'm missing by NOT buying one of these and sticking with my faded double cut special?

Whats that Maple top and extra body mass gonna do to the sound.

I ask, because my cheapie LP special is the BEST sounding p90 guitar I have ever played...sounds better than my old '66 SG junior I had, and my loaner '54black beauty reissue.

Hows this gonna sound compared with say an LP junior?

I'm interested....

:thu:

If what you got works for you, I would not fix it. :thu: especially based simply upon specs on paper.

• Members

Betcha there'll be {censored} all, as it's missing some of the key stuff that Gibson falls over on sometimes, same way as no one bitched about the QC on the BFG

I bitch ;) My BFG Gary Moore is in dire need of a fret level.

• Members

I was able to pre-order a Goldtop from a local mom & pop here about a month ago. Now I see that GC is finally making them available in store only. At least a month since I placed my order. I wonder if Gibson released this to independents first rather than the big chains like MF, Zounds, Sam Ash, due to backlash from their preferred vendors policies ie... MF, Zounds, Sam Ash. Maybe the was a revolt that spoke. Mom & pop want an affordable product to be able to compete. Lawsuits perhaps???

• Members

I was able to pre-order a Goldtop from a local mom & pop here about a month ago. Now I see that GC is finally making them available in store only. At least a month since I placed my order. I wonder if Gibson released this to independents first rather than the big chains like MF, Zounds, Sam Ash, due to backlash from their preferred vendors policies ie... MF, Zounds, Sam Ash. Maybe the was a revolt that spoke. Mom & pop want an affordable product to be able to compete. Lawsuits perhaps???

only 60 "slipped out" according to Gibson.

Archived