New Gibson LP Goldtop w/P90's, $849!

docjeffrey

• Members

83145.jpg

Also available in worn ebony, HCSB, honeyburst, white.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPST50-LIST

Shipping 6/29 for some colors; 8/7 for others.

What is so STUPID about this whole thing, is that if Gibson had of made this a regular production guitar and NOT a limited edition, they would have a great guitar priced affordably.

WHY they cannot make a guitar like this a part of their regular line, I will never understand. (They have PROVEN they can do it with this model...so they will not be able to squirm out of it and say it would be too expensive"!) I think it has to do with greed.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What is so STUPID about this whole thing, is that if Gibson had of made this a regular production guitar and NOT a limited edition, they would have a great guitar priced affordably.

WHY they cannot make a guitar like this a part of their regular line, I will never understand. (They have PROVEN they can do it with this model...so they will not be able to squirm out of it and say it would be too expensive"!) I think it has to do with greed.

I can assure you that Gibson has taken a look at the market and know exactly how many they will sell and aren't making any less. They make no money off the second hand "collectibles" market. They aren't going to short-change their sells to make it "rare."

• Members

While Gibson does not make any money off of the used market, used Gibson prices certainly will affect their bottom line. If Gibsons used instruments were ever to lose their resale value, Gibsons new prices would plummet. They have saturated the market with so many Gibsons that their biggest competitor isn't another manufacturer, but the market for their own used instruments.

• Members

Am I wrong here, or is the '50s Studio basically the same as the Studio Faded/Vintage Mahogany models? From what I can tell the new one has a maple cap, different paint, an extra $2 worth of tone capacitors and P90s, but otherwise they're the same. So you pay $50 extra for that stuff and no hardshell case. I don't know why Gibson can't make these a production model. Except for the fact that after the flood, they can't make anything a production model.

• Members

I just called up my local music store and MF. Local music store said they had a bunch, but sold them all quickly and aren't getting any more in the near future since the factory flooded out. The rep at MF didn't know what I was talking about and said they don't sell them.

Oh well... at least my money is safe for now :)

• Members

You know what is funny? Now that Gibson FINALLY introduces a model that people want to buy...THEY CAN'T!

If they had of introduced this earlier and made it a part of their regular line, they could have made a lot of money, as it is now, who knows when people will be able to get these?

• Members

Just think, for about $25.00 you can bind the body and neck, refret the neck, change the bridge to a wrap around and refinish the top.

For about $50.00 you could do all the above and retop it

• Members

I can assure you that Gibson has taken a look at the market and know exactly how many they will sell and aren't making any less. They make no money off the second hand "collectibles" market. They aren't going to short-change their sells to make it "rare."

Have you even seen the posts just on this board alone (not to mention every other guitar related board I have visited) about people that don't even LIKE Gibson's that are thinking of buying this model?

Frankly, I think this is classic Gibson, they fumble and bumble their way through thinking what people want to buy and get it wrong....ever hear of the "dusk tiger"?? They will find they REALLY dropped the ball on this one if they make it limited.

Now they FINALLY come up with a decent guitar at an affordable price and they are unavailable...amazing!

I can assure YOU, you don't know what you are talking about!

• Members

I just read this at MLP:

Topseller wrote:

"I just called Sweetwater and spoke with Mike Harris at extension 1382. He was informed about these guitars. He confirmed with me that they will be making 3600 total guitars. 120 of each color per month for 6 months.

They have 6 of each on the way and 1 goldtop left. They have 3 cherry bursts left and 6 honey, black, and white. I confirmed 3 separate times that these guitars are allocation that was given to them by Gibson and not just what they hoped to be getting.

There is no date of arrival that they know of.

This is not a sales pitch for Sweetwater, just information that I thought some who wanted to buy the guitar would find interesting. It's the most solid info we have at the moment."

• Members

Was a deposit required? Full payment? I wonder how they're going to do this...

I just read this at MLP:

Topseller wrote:

"I just called Sweetwater and spoke with Mike Harris at extension 1382. He was informed about these guitars. He confirmed with me that they will be making 3600 total guitars. 120 of each color per month for 6 months.

They have 6 of each on the way and 1 goldtop left. They have 3 cherry bursts left and 6 honey, black, and white. I confirmed 3 separate times that these guitars are allocation that was given to them by Gibson and not just what they hoped to be getting.

This is not a sales pitch for Sweetwater, just information that I thought some who wanted to buy the guitar would find interesting. It's the most solid info we have at the moment."

• Members

Have you even seen the posts just on this board alone (not to mention every other guitar related board I have visited) about people that don't even LIKE Gibson's that are thinking of buying this model?

Frankly, I think this is classic Gibson, they fumble and bumble their way through thinking what people want to buy and get it wrong....ever hear of the "dusk tiger"?? They will find they REALLY dropped the ball on this one if they make it limited.

Now they FINALLY come up with a decent guitar at an affordable price and they are unavailable...amazing!

I can assure YOU, you don't know what you are talking about!

Not everyone who wants one here will buy one. And that trickles down.

Gibson are no fools. They know exactly how much the market can handle. And then next year they'll offer something else to fill the void.

They've learn from years of having P-90 models sit in stores and be sold on closeout.

They aren't sold out. If you want one buy one. They'll be shipping them for months. Do you put in your pre-order? And if you are bitching because you can afford one right now, well, that's not Gibson's fault, they'll have something new for when you can.

• Members

While Gibson does not make any money off of the used market, used Gibson prices certainly will affect their bottom line. If Gibsons used instruments were ever to lose their resale value, Gibsons new prices would plummet. They have saturated the market with so many Gibsons that their biggest competitor isn't another manufacturer, but the market for their own used instruments.

New prices drive used prices, not the other way around. Gibson's used prices go up every time their new prices go up. If Gibson's used prices were to plummet, then their new guitars would already be taking a hit because they will have fallen out of favor.

• Members

I just read this at MLP:

Topseller wrote:

Well, there's one less preorder slot available now :)

• Members

Not everyone who wants one here will buy one. And that trickles down.

Gibson are no fools. They know exactly how much the market can handle. And then next year they'll offer something else to fill the void.

They've learn from years of having P-90 models sit in stores and be sold on closeout.

They aren't sold out. If you want one buy one. They'll be shipping them for months. Do you put in your pre-order? And if you are bitching because you can afford one right now, well, that's not Gibson's fault, they'll have something new for when you can.

Keep believing the fairy tale that Gibson knows what they are doing if you want to, I know they do not. It only is showing how ignorant you are.

And in case you didn't know dumbass, I own a PRS private stock ME 1, I harldy think this is going to break the bank, not that it is any of YOUR business anyway.

Archived