• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

• Members
  • Members
Guitar Center is selling them for $90 (In stores only) if your close to one

Awesome! I might use my Living social coupon on those. is $90 a decent deal on those?

EDIT: I'm not seeing them on their site for that price. I'm assuming I really have to go to or call the store to find them at that price? I thought maybe I'd see them on the "in-store clearance" online.

EDIT 2: I called and my local shop has 2 in stock for $90. Anyone have any input on those?

• Members
Awesome! I might use my Living social coupon on those. is $90 a decent deal on those?

EDIT: I'm not seeing them on their site for that price. I'm assuming I really have to go to or call the store to find them at that price? I thought maybe I'd see them on the "in-store clearance" online.

EDIT 2: I called and my local shop has 2 in stock for $90. Anyone have any input on those?

I checked around, but they seem to have mixed reviews. Unless someone on the board can offer more input, I'm a little wary of buying them

• Members

OTH.P. Plans to Make a Few More TouchPads

By VERNE G. KOPYTOFF

Noah Berger/Bloomberg News Hewlett-Packard’s TouchPad tablet did not sell well until it was discounted.
6:48 p.m. | Updated Adding pricing information.

Hewlett-Packard says its tablet liquidation sale was such a hit that it is making some more tablets to liquidate.

The tablet, the TouchPad, is getting a brief reprieve from its death sentence. H.P. said on Tuesday that it swas planning to produce one last run of its would-be iPad competitor.

Consumers shunned the TouchPad when it was introduced two months ago, and H.P. quickly said it would stop production as part of a broader overhaul. But the remaining tablets went quickly after their price was discounted 80 percent. So many people wanted them, in fact, that H.P. could not fill all the orders.

“Since we announced the price drop, the number of inquiries about the product and the speed at which it disappeared from inventory has been stunning,” H.P. said in a blog post. “I think it’s safe to say we were pleasantly surprised by the response.”

The company continued: “We have decided to produce one last run of TouchPads to meet unfulfilled demand. We don’t know exactly when these units will be available or how many we’ll get, and we can’t promise we’ll have enough for everyone. We do know that it will be at least a few weeks before you can purchase.”

H.P. described the batch of new TouchPads as a “limited supply” and said it would limit purchases to one per customer. They will be available by the end of October at $100 for the version with 16 gigabytes of storage, and $150 for 32 gigabytes, the same prices charged during the first liquidation sale.

• Members

Huh.

If they are able to have another run of them built to sell at liquidation prices, that tells me that prices were overly inflated on the Touchpads when they were introduced. You don't make another run to blow them out at liquidation prices if you aren't going to make a profit on them.

• Members

same here. Either that or I'll wait for the next bigger .45 / .410 Judge Electro Harmonix 75 watt pedal lol (hoping they can make a higher wattage pedal with higher headroom BEFORE breakup or no breakup at all.

So are 20% off coupons basically a thing of the past? I want to buy an EH .44 magnum pedal but I'd like to get 20% off.

• Members

Huh.

If they are able to have another run of them built to sell at liquidation prices, that tells me that prices were overly inflated on the Touchpads when they were introduced. You don't make another run to blow them out at liquidation prices if you aren't going to make a profit on them.

Who really knows the answer to that question. Just as plausible is that since the product line was written off the corporate P&L sheet, the ROI is no longer an issue and they can sell them for a hefty profit only considering production and distribution costs.

• Members

OTH.P. Plans to Make a Few More TouchPads

By VERNE G. KOPYTOFF

Noah Berger/Bloomberg News Hewlett-Packard’s TouchPad tablet did not sell well until it was discounted.

6:48 p.m. | Updated Adding pricing information.

Hewlett-Packard says its tablet liquidation sale was such a hit that it is making some more tablets to liquidate.

The tablet, the TouchPad, is getting a brief reprieve from its death sentence. H.P. said on Tuesday that it swas planning to produce one last run of its would-be iPad competitor.

Consumers shunned the TouchPad when it was introduced two months ago, and H.P. quickly said it would stop production as part of a broader overhaul. But the remaining tablets went quickly after their price was discounted 80 percent. So many people wanted them, in fact, that H.P. could not fill all the orders.

“Since we announced the price drop, the number of inquiries about the product and the speed at which it disappeared from inventory has been stunning,” H.P. said in a blog post. “I think it’s safe to say we were pleasantly surprised by the response.”

The company continued: “We have decided to produce one last run of TouchPads to meet unfulfilled demand. We don’t know exactly when these units will be available or how many we’ll get, and we can’t promise we’ll have enough for everyone. We do know that it will be at least a few weeks before you can purchase.”

H.P. described the batch of new TouchPads as a “limited supply” and said it would limit purchases to one per customer. They will be available by the end of October at $100 for the version with 16 gigabytes of storage, and $150 for 32 gigabytes, the same prices charged during the first liquidation sale.

I'm not questioning the above, but the articles I have read have said that there was no promise of deep discounts:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/08/hp-to-produce-one-last-run-of-touchpads.ars

And here's the official info from HP's blog (which includes info re: Twitter feeds for those who wish to be updated along the way:

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Next-Bench-Blog/More-TouchPads-on-the-Way/ba-p/68749

• Members
Huh.

I don't know what you mean by inflated but I assume HP felt they were worth what they were originally charging. I assume they probably were in the same ballpark as other similar products. So why leave money on the table even if your cost is low? They are in the business of making money, not benevolence.

BTW.. the whole idea of mass producing something is that more you make, the cheaper the product becomes. They were able to move huge volumes of them and generated residual interest in more of the same product so they are obviously willing to get a lower profit margin to move more volume if in fact they are going to produce more at a cheaper price.

• Members
Sounds like the old GM way of doing things..."yeah, we'll lose thousands of dollars on every car we sell, but we'll make it up on volume!".

No wonder they went bankrupt and we forced to bail out their sorry butts.

I highly doubt HP is making another production run if they are in fact losing money. And George Bush signed TARP on his own volition. He wasn't forced to do anything but times would probably still be very bleak if he hadn't. It is amazing to me that people whine and complain about government assistance to individuals and nobody gives two hoots that companies were essentially rewarded for having shotty business practices. "Oh you lost all your money? Well here is some more, give it another shot"!

• Members
same here. Either that or I'll wait for the next bigger .45 / .410 Judge Electro Harmonix 75 watt pedal lol (hoping they can make a higher wattage pedal with higher headroom BEFORE breakup or no breakup at all.

A higher wattage one would be cool but I don't really need it. I just want this as a backup for gigs. It'd be nice to have a pedal-sized backup amp I can just toss in my cable bag and not have to worry about.

• Members

I checked around, but they seem to have mixed reviews. Unless someone on the board can offer more input, I'm a little wary of buying them

I went ahead and bought some of these today. I got them for $43 + $25 (living social deal of $25 for $50) so $68 when all is said and done. I figured it was worth taking a shot at that price. I can probably get close to my money back on ebay if they don't work out.

BTW.. anyone who bought that Living Social deal, they take the coupon amount first before applying tax which is sweet. Wish I would have got the $50 for $100 code but I can't complain.

Also, the GC in Cerritos, CA had a M13 for $329 and the guy said the 15% off this weekend applies to it. That would be $305 after tax.

• Members

This is still a good cheap deal.

Jay Turser 300 Series Jt-300-mbl Electric Guitar, Metallic Blue

by Jay Turser

3.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews) | Like (0)

List Price: $169.99

Price: $63.34 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

You Save: $106.65 (63%)

In Stock.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Only 15 left in stock--order soon.