Aug Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There is still a chance you can sign up for notice at HP to be notified when their last warehouse shipment is available here.

Also some Best Buys shell out a limited few at store only but you need their sku number and go to cust service area. Also some sporadic Staples activity reported here. I'm still trying to get 2 of the 16gb for Daughters but doubt I will find them...

• Members

Sam Ash has $40 off of a $299 purchase. Code: IRENE

Okay, with that out of the way, are Sam Ash's marketing people retarded? Seriously, a promo based on a potentially huge and life threatening natural disaster?

Next they word the promo like this: "$40 off thousands of our best selling items over $299." Okay, I get what they are saying, but that wording is ignorant. It makes it sound like you have to buy thousands of items (and they have to be best selling) priced at $299 to save $40. So spend $299,000 and get $40 off.

Next, their slogan is "Music Gear at the Speed of Sound." Mission statements, tag lines, etc. are fine, but they need to be somewhat realistic and based on truth. What does that even mean? If they can't get an order to your door at approximately 340 miles per second, then they are not living up to their promise. Or do all of their individual music items have the ability to move at the rate of sound? i.e. do their guitars have built in jet engines?

I own a business and try hard to carefully word things in ad copy and so forth. It's like they have a bunch of drunk monkeys in their marketing department.

I agree that Sam Ash's decision to use that promo code was completely tactless.

However, the wording of the promo description is fine. It's not the best, but it's definitely not "ignorant."

Here's something for the students: Amazon has a promotion that gets you 6 months of free two-day shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

• Members
A lot of it is coupon codes. PM me your email and I'll forward the email I got these from.

Hey man, thanks for the offer to loop me in, but I did manage to get it to go in the end - somehow IE went a bit haywire with blocking pix and sites, but it's behaving again. Anyway, thanks but I'm set now!

• Members
2 Packs of D'Addario EXL115 Nickel Wound Strings & 3 guitar picks sampler pack for $4.99 from Amazon (via GO-DPS)

Pretty great deal considering the best price on a 3 pack is $10.99 from MF (with no picks!) - do the math, MF has them for $3.66/pack, this deal works out to $2.50/pack (plus free picks!)

http://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-DAddario-EXL115-Strings-Sampler/dp/B004Q24R16

Click through and add to cart for $5.99; you'll get an instant in-cart discount of $1. Rinse, repeat, buy several packs! You MUST make separate orders though, you'll only get that $1 discount once per order.

• Members

Please report back! I thought these are just another MIC TS-ish drive pedal.

It's been a while since I had mine, an original ODR-1 (Green) and an ODR-S. I preferred the ODR-1, particularly as a clean boost or light overdrive.

It did not have the nasal sound that my TS-9 and TS9DX had prior to modding. It also cost much less than the Ibanez. I paid $30 or $40 for the ODR-1 brand new.

IIRC, it also allowed me to hear the guitar's tone. Plenty of overdrives -particularly the cheapest ones- seem to take over and impart their own tone. In this regard the ODR-1 was more transparent.

I never tried the silver one or the newer ones, just had the original ODR-1 and ODR-S.