RANT:Why John Mayer is a total Douchenozzle. .

DaveGrima

• Members

I have a black Japanese Strat that I bought in 1993 on a credit card because I had to have something to play at country and blues gigs besides a Gibson SG. The Strat has had just about everything replaced on it at one time or the other besides the neck and the pots and wiring.

I call it "The Cheap One". :D I can make a video about it if you guys want. :thu:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have a black Japanese Strat that I bought in 1993 on a credit card because I had to have something to play at country and blues gigs besides a Gibson SG. The Strat has had just about everything replaced on it at one time or the other besides the neck and the pots and wiring.

I call it "The Cheap One".
:D
I can make a video about it if you guys want.
:thu:

I would like a Fender Custom Shop replica of The Cheap One.

• Members

Best guitar I ever played was at a GC it was laying there already hooked up to this effects tree. I was messing with the effects trying them out and in between switching them it suddenly struck me. Damn! This guitar has one of the finest clean sounds I ever heard and played as smooth as butter so I looked down to see that it was a black American Strat with maple neck. Should of bought it as it was most likely my signature instrument but it just looked too new still, it needed much more relicing, so I left it there for the Lil fella to earn it's way back to me one day...

But that is the story of my Black One! Everybody has their own I guess but when the lights fade down, and the song starts to fade, and you look back at what happened, you come to realize it's always a black one that just got away...

True blues story here in the naked city...

• Members

Why is John Mayer blah blah blah?

Who cares? the guy writes and plays some great music. Maybe one day his life experience will match up to his artistic ability.

Who are any of us as musicians to judge anything but his music?

• Members

yeah i rich kid in connecticut very authentic and a lot of hardship.

typical clueless john mayer fan

John Mayer went through hell and back. It informs everything he plays. Most bluesmen don't have the deep well of angst to draw on that Mayer has.

You simply don't know what you're talking about.

• Members
We live in a marketing world.

Fender is a marketing company.

John Mayer is a marketable product.

The fact that he is actually a good guitar player seems secondary in this marketing world and in this thread.

Ritchie Blackmore has been described as "difficult" but that does not stop people from listening to and enjoying his guitar playing. Why should Mayer be any different?

Because Blackmore is a God and can rock a Pilgrim hat better than a pilgrim.

• Members

Not a fan, but he gets more beautiful {censored} than I do, he's doing something right.

/he didn't suck when I saw him with Phil lesh and buddy guy at the Jammys. He was ok. I could tell he knew his place and was in awe of where he was. I also remember him pranking his audience before, lots. Seems like a nice guy.

Music is still blahish

• Members

He is a true bluesman. Its in his heart, his soul, the way he plays. It just seeps through in every thing he does.

So much so, that while he was doing Jessica Simpson he made her pretend he was BB King.

Winner! Taylor swift has been dissing him lately. Damn the blues.