RANT:Why John Mayer is a total Douchenozzle. .

DaveGrima

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
{censored} that relic b.s. If it's not new and spotless it's utterly useless. Get that crap out out of here. Burn it with fire.

Why dont you guys try reading my posts before you comment? I said I dont have a problem with relics at all. What pissed me off is the way he acts like he didnt want a relic, he just wanted it to have that way for the tone. Reading comprehension. . . try it. :D

• Members
Arguably Mayer is the only authentic bluesman in the business today.

Warren Haynes' background makes him the best we have left, now that Junior Kimbrough is gone. Haynes can eat a couple of Jon Mayers for breakfast. Plus, Haynes has amps that were custom made for him by a famous dead guy. How much more authentic-y can a bluesman be ?

Buddy Guy is authentic, but I'm not sure he's still a bluesman. He's authentically something, but damned if I know just what to call it. :D There's also Scott Ainslie (blues player and performing historian), but I don't think Scott would call himself a bluesman like Junior Kimbrough was.

• Members

Warren Haynes' background makes him the best we have left, now that Junior Kimbrough is gone. Haynes can eat a couple of Jon Mayers for breakfast. Plus, Haynes has amps that were custom made for him by a famous dead guy. How much more authentic-y can a bluesman be ?

Buddy Guy is authentic, but I'm not sure he's still a bluesman. He's authentically
something
, but damned if I know just what to call it.
:D
There's also Scott Ainslie (blues player and performing historian), but I don't think Scott would call himself a
bluesman
like Junior Kimbrough was.

I just don't think Warren Haynes has the gravitas or the credibility of a John Mayer. Mayer is so good that he's started to take a lot of lesser players under his wing and given them a shot at REAL stardom, riding on his coattails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfBJCUwtgBA&feature=related

It's just too bad that Stevie Ray Vaughn died before he could meet John Mayer. Mayer could have taken SRV to the woodshop and helped him learn how to really play some authentic blues instead of that fake Texas stuff.

• Members

I've never understood the John Mayer hate. He seems like a normal guy to me. I'm sure he can be asshole at times, but if I was famous and had college girls on my jock all day I'd probably be convinced of my superiority as well.

• Members

I've never understood the John Mayer hate. He seems like a normal guy to me. I'm sure he can be asshole at times, but if I was famous and had college girls on my jock all day I'd probably be convinced of my superiority as well.

I think given the intense personal tragedies he's suffered, it's understandable that Mayer might be a little abrasive.

• Members

I think given the intense personal tragedies he's suffered, it's understandable that Mayer might be a little abrasive.

I agree. I mean what do any of us know of tragedy? Nothing. I personally look to John Mayer for guidance, wisdom and well, for him to tell me through his music and words, how to live my life. His Twitter feed was like my Bible. Damn conspirators made him disable it.

• Members
Why dont you guys try reading my posts before you comment? I said I dont have a problem with relics at all. What pissed me off is the way he acts like he
didnt
want a relic, he just wanted it to have that way for the tone. Reading comprehension. . . try it.
:D

Yeah that does not look like a tone scuff job that was skuff'd to look cool...

But can't rag on a bluesman thats has suffered soooo much...Why Georgia? Why?

• Members

Funny thing is I got a USA Strat a while back that was reliced to look just like the "black one". I thought it looked like total {censored} so I repainted it. Previous owner must have been some fanboy, probably played John Mayer songs on my guitar, ewww.

• Members

Yeah, Taylor Swift called him names.

I heard they made a sex tape and that has largely fuelled their public fight, not her use of John in her music, as originally thought. Regardless, apparently you can see John's whole bare bum in the video, I can't wait!