RANT:Why John Mayer is a total Douchenozzle. .

DaveGrima

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

+1

If you read his biography, you can see that Mayer pulls a lot of the expression and feeling in his music from his troubled past. That's a deep wellspring of angst that makes his blues so much more authentic.

No joke man, things are rough in Connecticut... Taxes and {censored}!

• Members

I had to re-check the date of this thread. I thought it was made 3 years ago. Give the guy a break, he's been out of the "limelight" for a while and came out with a pretty good ass album recently. He also has vocal problems and {censored} .... Who cares about his guitar or what fender does to sell guitars...

• Members

yeah, I watched part of that yesterday when someone was talking about the JM sig strat. i wondered what was unique about it. I turned it off when he said that when the custom shop delivered the guitar it sounded like {censored}, so he put it in the freezer overnight and it sounded great. That dude must smoke alot of weed.

:lol:

• Members

This. This to almost every thread you guys post. Actually I'm starting to put the pieces together but still, people's ability to memorize details of countless celebrities and solo artists always surprises me.

Memorizing details is one thing, but get out a bit .... It's not difficult to know who john mayer is, it's probably more difficult to not know. You know? I call bull{censored} on most people who claim to never hear of such and such. And while we're at it, isn't using the term "douchenozzle" sort of douchey?

• Members

He does sometimes come of as douche-y .... some of it is probably actual douchiness but I think a lot of it is a dry and sarcastic sense of humor. If I were in his position I'm sure some people would think I'm a great guy, some a douche, just like they do now, the only difference is my behavior is never (as far as I know) brought up on internet discussion boards as proof that I'm a douche ...

As for the guitar? Marketing bull{censored} and snakeoil, just like almost every other sig model. :idk:

• Members

Ritchie Blackmore has been described as "difficult" but that does not stop people from listening to and enjoying his guitar playing. Why should Mayer be treated any different?

I never said don't enjoy his music. this has got nothing to do with his playing. Im just saying hes a narcissistic douchebag is all. :)

And some of you are totally missing the point. Its not a sig model! Its not about that. I dont care who has a sig model. Its just the way he talks about this one guitar. He had a RELIC Strat made in 2004 and he talks about it like its the {censored}ing holy grail. Like just put it up there next to Pages '59 LP, or Django Reinhardts acoustic or some {censored}. And he pretends its not a relic, like he didnt want it to look like some old legendary guitar, like Lenny, or Rory Gallagher's Strat .

And if you don't like these kinds of threads you dont have to participate.:)

• Members
I never said don't enjoy his music. this has got nothing to do with his playing. Im just saying hes a narcissistic douchebag is all.
:)
And some of you are totally missing the point. Its not a sig model! Its not about that. I dont care who has a sig model. Its just the way he talks about this one guitar. He had a
RELIC
Strat made in 2004 and he talks about it like its the {censored}ing holy grail. Like just put it up there next to Pages '59 LP, or Django Reinhardts acoustic or some {censored}. And he pretends its not a relic, like he didnt want it to look like some old legendary guitar, like Lenny, or Rory Gallagher's Strat .

And if you don't like these kinds of threads you dont have to participate.
:)

Well he's a better guitarist than Page, Clapton, and Gallgher (RIP), so he should be able to call the shots. :D