RANT:Why John Mayer is a total Douchenozzle. .

DaveGrima

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched that whole video in the OP. Unless he made up the experiences of having people take notice of his guitar then how is he douchey (by that alone)? He even as much said it made little sense as he'd had the guitar for only five years.

I haven't followed John Mayer's career, but he does seem a little full of himself...of course after all the fame he's "enjoyed", maybe it makes sense. I will say though that when he finally shut the {censored} up he played the {censored} out of that guitar (in an uber tasteful fashion). :thu:

• Members

---------------I disagree big time. In this era of people trying to sound EXACTLY their favorite blues hero, and certainly have no originality about them:facepalm:, Steven sounds like himself:idea:, and he is NOT a bad singer or guitarist. He is a guy following his own path, and If you don't like him, Fine, but he isn't a horrible player or singer...................The REAL Rocker.

• Members

---------------I disagree big time. In this era of people trying to sound EXACTLY their favorite blues hero, and certainly have no originality about them:facepalm:, Steven sounds like himself:idea:, and he is NOT a bad singer or guitarist. He is a guy following his own path, and If you don't like him, Fine, but he isn't a horrible player or singer...................The REAL Rocker.

If anyone has blues credibility aside from Mayer, it's Seagal. The man is a tour de force of hot and heavy blues licks and blues authenticity.

• Members
i dig this django's trolling style.

I don't know, he kind of went too far in this thread. In his offset and string gauge threads I genuinely just thought he was a crazy old person...his statements here were not subtle enough and too over the top. I give him a C-.

• Members

Sorry to hurt your feelings, Steve. I didn't realize you were a forumite...

• Members

I don't know, he kind of went too far in this thread. In his offset and string gauge threads I genuinely just thought he was a crazy old person...his statements here were not subtle enough and too over the top. I give him a C-.

Anyone who mistakes correctmanship for trolling has no business picking up a guitar. You should donate yours to charity.

• Members

Can I ask a serious question? Why is it that some (most) of you here act as if you can only play blues if you've felt "pain" and had to pay your "dues"?

"oh my god he's never picked cotton, or had to sell chicken eggs by the side of the road, or never spun out of control on coke, therefore he hasn't paid his dues!" That's one of the laughable things I've ever heard. You middle aged white folks crack me up.

• Members

Can I ask a serious question? Why is it that some (most) of you here act as if you can only play blues if you've felt "pain" and had to pay your "dues"?

"oh my god he's never picked cotton, or had to sell chicken eggs by the side of the road, or never spun out of control on coke, therefore he hasn't paid his dues!" That's one of the laughable things I've ever heard. You middle aged white folks crack me up.

middle aged white folk should play what they're best at: lite rock.

• Members

Anyone who mistakes correctmanship for trolling has no business picking up a guitar. You should donate yours to charity.

after reading this, I decided that Django was right and I tried to donate my Strat to Goodwill. The clerk at the donation station just laughed and said "I am supposed to take a blues guitar from you?". I am stuck with it now. It's a frigging useless appliance now like my oven.

• Members
Sorry to hurt your feelings, Steve. I didn't realize you were a forumite...

-----------Not Segal, although If I had his money, I could live in my mansion and ride in my limo while ignoring the Haters like you begging for a dime at my windshield:thu:, all while strumming Albert King's Flying V and looking at the several dozen prime vintage guitars in my car:lol:. It must be nice having all you want while the jealous bedroom rockers rail against you in their faceless manner on websites:rolleyes::lol:.........................The REAL Rocker.

• Members

-----------Not Segal, although If I had his money, I could live in my mansion and ride in my limo while ignoring the Haters like you begging for a dime at my windshield:thu:, all while strumming Albert King's Flying V and looking at the several dozen prime vintage guitars in my car:lol:. It must be nice having all you want while the jealous bedroom rockers rail against you in their faceless manner on websites:rolleyes:
:lol:
.........................The REAL Rocker.

Awkward.

• Members

Mayer's interview in the new Rolling Stone is interesting. He's doing a lot of apologizing for his douchey past, but he doesn't realize how douchey he sounds while doing so.

Oh well, the guy has a fat bank account, great guitar chops and has banged gals the rest of us beat off to. He doesn't care what we think.

No matter how hard he tries, the guy just seems unable to shut up about himself. :idk:

• Members

-----------Not Segal, although If I had his money, I could live in my mansion and ride in my limo while ignoring the Haters like you begging for a dime at my windshield:thu:, all while strumming Albert King's Flying V and looking at the several dozen prime vintage guitars in my car:lol:. It must be nice having all you want while the jealous bedroom rockers rail against you in their faceless manner on websites:rolleyes:

Okay, now Im convinced this guy is Segal!

• Members

That's an excellent post