RANT:Why John Mayer is a total Douchenozzle. .

DaveGrima

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why all the expressions of hate?

If you don't like the guy or his music, don't pay any attention to it.

All of this attention being paid to something someone does not like is IMO defeating the purpose of music.

Please, don't be so logical.

It's far easier to hate but takes courage to like and love. So, today, I am going to be positive with every stranger I meet. I bet it comes back to me...

• Members

Please, don't be so logical.

I'm sorry. I'll try to be more careful next time.

It's far easier to hate but takes courage to like and love. So, today, I am going to be positive with every stranger I meet. I bet it comes back to me...

It's not so difficult once you start doing it and it will come back to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPgHHD8dxLc

• Members

Why all the expressions of hate?

If you don't like the guy or his music, don't pay any attention to it.

All of this attention being paid to something someone does not like is IMO defeating the purpose of music.

ME DON'T UNDERSTAND. ME HATE MAYER, ME MAKE BAD THREAD ABOUT MAYER. ME GOOD GUY, MAYER BAD GUY.

• Members
John Mayer went through hell and back. It informs everything he plays. Most bluesmen don't have the deep well of angst to draw on that Mayer has.

You simply don't know what you're talking about.

Yes he just couldn't be satisfied with his rider Jennifer Aniston, slapping his pistol in her face and taking his key to the highway he was bilt out and bound to go to the crossroads. Apparently he is still able to barrelhouse all night long down by the riverside.

• Members

I'm a John fanboy, I have one of his signature strats, great sounding guitar. I never really understood the hate, but the music world as of recently as transformed into a world where if it's not your cup of tea, it should be nobodies cup of tea. That being said, he did an interview with Rolling Stone a week or so back, pretty much just saying "I was an asshole and and people hate me, but I've changed". Not to hop on the man's dick but I have respect for him. He hasn't necessarily been through hell and back but the past 3 years have definitely kicked his ass.

• Members

Things I never knew about Steven Seagal....

1) - He has helped train Brazilian mixed martial artists Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida. Silva, who is the reigning UFC Middleweight Champion, went on to knock out Vitor Belfort with a kick, in their fight at UFC 126 in February 2011,[10][11] and Machida also credited him for helping him perfect the crane kick that he used to knock out Randy Couture at UFC 129 in May 2011.[12][13] (WIKI)

2) - He plays the blues.

• Members

(WIKI)

2) - He plays the blues.

The "blues" disc he released a few years ago has to be one of the worst blues records in the the history of recorded music. His playing and singing abilities rival his acting abilities. He does have a great guitar collection, though.

[video=youtube;-p6f8AZgJEI]

• Members

I agreed with the words typed in the OP.. (in principle)..

I mean having a sanded down relic'd guitar as a sig is sort of lame.. and then the way he talks yeah.. he loves himself obviously.. but then.. he's a famous rockstar/popstar/whatever..

And then he started playing and I completely forgot about any words typed or he said.. he sold it.. he pulled it off.. straight away he DOES sound like himself.. a signature sound.. and that's from someone who doesn't even listen to his music.. I think the only song of his I know, doesn't even have a guitar solo in it.