Your teles or tele equivalents. Show me them.

amarr1

• Members

I am using one of these now, they recommended it to me when I replaced my cheap mim bridge. As you can see the saddles are angled.

http://www.allparts.com/Joe-Barden-Vintage-Style-Bridge-p/tb-5140-001.htm

TB-5140-001-2.jpg

What do you think of that bridge? I got a partscaster Tele in a trade and I've been thinking about replacing the cheepo bridge with one of those.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

parts 'nocaster' relic'd by mark jenny. has OC Duff "Nancy" pickups--pretty much exact replica's of Roy Buchanan's, even down to the microphonics.

'97? american std tele refin'd in daphne blue, added bigsby. also has OC Duff pu's.

IMG_2383.jpg

would like an esquire someday--that black one a few poasts up is sexy as {censored}!!!

• Members
Wish I bought a Tele-Sonic while they were cheap
:cry:

:edit: Anyone remember how much James Iha's sold for on ebay?

I once played lead guitar for the lead singer of Nine Days two or three years ago, and he brought a Tele-Sonic to rehearsal once...

It wasn't as nice as i hoped it would have looked... and the guy was a little standoffish, so i didn't even think of asking him to play it. Needless to say, in his hands, it was very underwhelming. I'd love to run into one again.

I am using one of these now, they recommended it to me when I replaced my cheap mim bridge. As you can see the saddles are angled.

http://www.allparts.com/Joe-Barden-Vintage-Style-Bridge-p/tb-5140-001.htm

TB-5140-001-2.jpg

Yeah, and it has the added feature of the cut-away side, which some players prefer. $65 for the whole bridge? That doesn't seem too bad at all really. How's the intonation with the angled saddles?

this thread needs to be deleted. i need a tele now. i has no MONEY!

This thread isn't likely to be deleted any time soon - I put it into the HC newsletter this week. Which means I'm much more likely to delete individual posts and issue temp bans if things start going south in this thread, rather than delete the whole thing... ;)

• Members

37495931119501223470610.jpg

an ADH (AndrewDoesHair)/Stereordinary co-developed project

this isn't a finished pic of the body/hardware, but when it gets here it will have aged hardware/pick guard, a shortscale conversion bound/dot neck, and will be tuned ebgdDE with the standard d moved to the 5th string location, and the 4th string being one step below the high e.

fun times.

• Members

This thread isn't likely to be deleted any time soon - I put it into the HC newsletter this week. Which means I'm much more likely to delete individual posts and issue temp bans if things start going south in this thread, rather than delete the whole thing...
;)

welp. looks like im going to have a tele soon...anytime i see an f hole my pants get tighter/

• Members
parts 'nocaster' relic'd by mark jenny. has OC Duff "Nancy" pickups--pretty much exact replica's of Roy Buchanan's, even down to the microphonics.

'97? american std tele refin'd in daphne blue, added bigsby. also has OC Duff pu's.

IMG_2383.jpg

would like an esquire someday--that black one a few poasts up is sexy as {censored}!!!

I'm really interested in hearing some opinions on those Mark Jenny Telecasters. I know you only had them relic your guitar, but do you have any idea what his parts are like? Have you heard anything about how good or bad it is to buy a kit and put it together yourself?

• Members

I'm really interested in hearing some opinions on those Mark Jenny Telecasters. I know you only had them relic your guitar, but do you have any idea what his parts are like? Have you heard anything about how good or bad it is to buy a kit and put it together yourself?

i actually had him supply the most of the hardware (aged) as well. i supplied the warmoth neck--which i sent to him to finish/relic. he supplied the allparts body--since i was buying all the hardware too--he basically drilled all the holes as well. but i basically assembled everything, because i had the pickups, electronics, etc. it was pretty simple at that point. this was a while ago though, before he started doing full kits, etc.

it turned out excellent, great guitar for sure!

i just checked out his ebay page--looks like his Jazzmasters aren't using the "fender" branded trem/tailpiece. so i would definitely ask him what parts he's using.

Archived