Your teles or tele equivalents. Show me them.

amarr1

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Somewhat, they have the body and thickness of a P90 with none of it's muddiness. The MFD in the neck position thru a blakemore klon clone into a fender bassman is the best sounding combination i've ever used.

here's a picture of it in use last weekend while nailing a lush 3 part vocal harm. notice i'm less fat now.
less.

389428_313172748701454_100000261946229_1

Your band. I love it.

• Members

Thanks guys! Those recordings were done by a friend in our house so feel free to download them from the soundcloud. We're working on recordings good enough to charge for.

Good stuff. I notice that you're in Ventura/Oxnard... Do you guys ever play in the L.A. area?

• Members

getting closer! My buddy said hes been working out of town lately so its been hard trying to work on it. I hope to have it in a week or so.

IMG_8486.jpg

I dig it. What kind of wood are you using for the body there?

I also happen to be working on a Tele Custom build (though with a Wide Range Humbucker in the neck)... can't wait til it's done.

Well, it's short scale, set neck, three on a side, mahogany blah, blah but IMHO it does a better tele than 95+% of anything FMIC puts the telecaster label on these days. I dumped my Baja when I got this

!B1F7brQBGk~$(KGrHqJ,!hoEw45rh0oeBMdDKiP

Duo Jet in Caddy Green? Other than being chimey and bright, they're not very Tele-like IMO, but it's a beautiful guitar nonetheless. I absolutely love that color. :)

• Members

Duo Jet in Caddy Green? Other than being chimey and bright, they're not very Tele-like IMO, but it's a beautiful guitar nonetheless. I absolutely love that color.
:)

It does everything I ever wanted my tele (and my Rick) to do, only better...and with a Bigsby that works. Maybe a little less sustain with the Melita, but hopefully Santa is bringing me a TruArc.

• Members

You {censored}ed up big time Kap'n

Nope. So it doesn't have a box bridge, bolt on maple neck, yadda, yadda. The point is, it does everything I thought I wanted a tele for. I guess what I thought the perfect tele sounded like was really this, and I didn't know it. And I've played probably a hundred "real" telecasters, and I'm pretty much a strict traditionalist in terms of what I like.

• Members

Nope. So it doesn't have a box bridge, bolt on maple neck, yadda, yadda. The point is, it does everything I
thought
I wanted a tele for. I guess what I thought the perfect tele sounded like was really this, and I didn't know it. And I've played probably a hundred "real" telecasters, and I'm pretty much a strict traditionalist in terms of what I like.

I was just kidding, I think your Gretsch is really cool.

• Members

Sorry.

FWIW, the Baja - stripped of the funny electronics, is absolutely the best bang-for-buck teles out there, and what it replaced.

And that copper pickguard instrument pages back is giving me tele gas again.......
:facepalm:

Buy my baja?

• Members

Just realized, my ASATs aren't in here. The black one is my number one. It's set up with a four way switch, and locking tuners. Eventually, I'd like to set the trans white one up like this too. they both play great. The trans white one has the cream pickup covers on it now. Looks better to me than with black covers. And yes, I love my ASAT bass.

Trans%20White%20ASAT%201.jpg

Black%20ASAT%20Special.jpg

G%26Ls.jpg

Clear_Blue_G%26L_ASAT%20Bass.jpg

Archived