Your teles or tele equivalents. Show me them.

amarr1

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since I'm already in this thread I may as well ask. Anyone got any advice on upgrading my standard MIM tele. It's not holding it's tuning to well, the pick ups are TOO trebly and overall not great sounding.

GIVE ME TIPS PEOPLE!

• Members

When I got my Mark Jenny kit, the nut was not installed or cut. The tuners were already on, as was the pickguard, bridge and control plate. The nut, string tree, knobs, switch tip and jack cup were loose in a separate box. I had a tech assemble everything for me.

same here

• Members

I have an MJT bound Tele that I've been really happy with. They source their necks from Allparts and their bodies from the usual manufacturers, and everything I've seen from them has been really high quality. You can get pretty specific with the type of relic you want as well - mine's a closet classic with only a few little bruises, which is exactly how I requested it. If you want a relic without belt sander arm wear, all you have to do is ask.

They sound ideal, then, for what I want. I only like a little bit of wear around the edges so that it looks like it has patchy binding, and also some general spots all around the body. Danocaster guitars are pretty much perfect, in my opinion, regarding relicing and ageing.

2010Danocaster.jpg

• Members

Do you guys know if I can switch the neck out on a Hwy 1 tele for a regular tele neck?

Is there a difference in fit and screw hole dimensions?

The reason is that I really can't get along with maple necks, although I love the radius and jumbo frets on the neck.

Archived