Your teles or tele equivalents. Show me them.

amarr1

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So you decided to get it - very nice Tom.
:)
How's the neck on it?

It's nice, Feels slightly thicker than my MIM standard but I maybe wrong. It's very glossy which makes it slightly sticky at times but it's not really an issue. The real issue was taking the sticker off of the pickguard. I had to take the volume/tone knobs off and had a little panic attack when I couldn't get them on at first but it was soon sorted.

I put some 10s on it today as I'm not keen on 9s and I've made sure it's all properly intonated. Gonna order a hardcase tomorrow as I don't trust fender gig bags. I may make a demo tomorrow if I have time but I can't make any promises.

All in all, I love it.

• Members

i cannot fathom how you think thats a tele?

it literally does not share 1 feature.

Except PLAY IT.

It SOUNDS more Tele than most of the Teles in this thread. That was Ovation's intent when they built it.

Of course, if you knew your musical history :poke:

The piclups are singlecoils.

The maple neck is insanely fast to play.

You should try one some time...close your eyes first.

• Members

so nice

It was stolen from me and was found at a local GC. The manager there knows me and had a bad vibe about the the guy selling it. He called me on the phone out of some gut feeling and asked me if I still had my AVRI......

• Members

It was stolen from me and was found at a local GC. The manager there knows me and had a bad vibe about the the guy selling it. He called me on the phone out of some gut feeling and asked me if I still had my AVRI......

Wow, that was cool. Was the guy arrested?

• Members

They eventually got him. He got antsy at the store, knew something was up and he booked.

He wasn't the sophisticated arch-criminal he fancied himself to be and they picked him up at his domi.

GC checks ID.......and the Ivy-Leaguer used his. They recovered most of the {censored} he stole from my wife's car and some other loot he ganked from some other people. My wife is a tech-geek for the Feds and he stole something from her car that got him deeper in the hat.

• Members

:lol: That's brilliant. I know I shouldn't find humour in what was probably an awful experience for you and your family, but that just takes the cake as far as just deserts.

seewatididthar?

Sorry, I'm making light of it again. Still, at least you got your beautiful guitar back.

Archived