Your teles or tele equivalents. Show me them.

amarr1

• Members

^

awesome.

what are the pickups and the switch? is that a tone bypass?

The pups are 2 reds (in the bridge) and 1 blue Fender Lace Sensor.

As for the toggle it is a 3 way switch for the dual red lace sensors front/both/rear. Pretty sweet sounds.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was wondering how the quality is on these? They look like the Highway 1 but without all the bad bits.

Does the satin neck feel good like an American Standard?

Build quality is on par with any nice fender I've played. Tight neck pocket, good frets, etc. I like it. The Texas specials sound great, and people go nutty for the 3 saddle brass bridge. The neck is a bit slimmer than I'm used to, but the strat in that pic has a baseball bat neck and that's what I'm used to. The satin finish is smooth and fast. Overall a decent bargain.

• Members

Just finished this up a few days ago. It was a long time coming. I bought the neck over two years ago. :lol:

Warmoth Fat Back (their biggest profile) birdseye maple neck, compound radius, SS frets. It was bleached white in appearance so I slathered it in brown shoe polish three times, then handled it with intentionally greasy hands a couple times... let that dry, wiped it down and hit it with five coats of Tru Oil.

Agave Blue MIM body, mint green guard, Wilkinson bridge, vintage tuners, Lollar Charlie Christian, GFS 50s type bridge pickup. One of those brass Fat Head things that's supposed to increase sustain. That's about it.

DSC_8713a1800.jpg

DSC_8633a1.jpg

• Members

DIdn't go through the whole thread, so I'm not sure if'n I already posted or not, but here is my beloved '69 Thinline RI. Loaded with Dimarzios: Twang King in the neck/ True Velvet in the bridge wired with a 4-way switch. I've had since early 2007, and I don't think its going anywhere anytime soon.

IMG_0727.jpg

• Members

It was bleached white in appearance so I slathered it in brown shoe polish three times, then handled it with intentionally greasy hands a couple times... let that dry, wiped it down and hit it with five coats of Tru Oil.

The oiled maple looks fantastic, man. I hate that bleached look. Did you have to sand it before oiling? Or does the oil/polish just seep through?

• Members

You have no idea how much i'd love that. Especially with your pedal collection
:love:

The oiled maple looks fantastic, man. I hate that bleached look. Did you have to sand it before oiling? Or does the oil/polish just seep through?

Nope, this particular neck came completely unfinished.

I have done another Warmoth neck in Tru Oil... I just scuffed up the factory finish until nothing was glossy, then do the Tru Oil thing. It already had nice a nice contrast/tint going on.

And I have a Korean LTD Viper 400 that I converted to an SG Jr of sorts that the previous owner stripped the factory finish off the neck and Tru Oiled it. All three necks feel great.

Here's a pic of the guitar where I scuffed up the factory finish. The fretboard is actually a little bit darker than the one that I used the shoe polish and grease on but the back of the neck certainly isn't.

DSC_6232a1.jpg

• Members

Just finished this up a few days ago. It was a long time coming. I bought the neck over two years ago.
:lol:

Warmoth Fat Back (their biggest profile) birdseye maple neck, compound radius, SS frets. It was bleached white in appearance so I slathered it in brown shoe polish three times, then handled it with intentionally greasy hands a couple times... let that dry, wiped it down and hit it with five coats of Tru Oil.

Agave Blue MIM body, mint green guard, Wilkinson bridge, vintage tuners, Lollar Charlie Christian, GFS 50s type bridge pickup. One of those brass Fat Head things that's supposed to increase sustain. That's about it.

DSC_8713a1800.jpg

DSC_8633a1.jpg

This one is in my top 5 guitars in this thread. Whats the Lollar CC pickup like? always wanted to slap one of those in my own tele.

• Members

^thanks, dave!

if you guys could "like" us on FB, i'd really appreciate it!

pretty wife facebook page

thanks again, back to teles (not mine but do want)

tele2.jpg

Totally dig your tunes!

Haha, that above image was taken about 4 years ago, well before I ripped off the TV Jones Classic and F-Stamp B5 and moved it to the green Televersary. The filtertron sounded so much better with the thinline alder body and flame maple top of the Televersary, but the remaining "Esquink" carcass was a great donor for a single-pickup screamer.

Those two actually share a part or two now.

IMG_1658.jpg

• Members
Just finished this up a few days ago. It was a long time coming. I bought the neck over two years ago.
:lol:

DSC_8713a1800.jpg

DSC_8633a1.jpg

How close does the intonation get with those Wilkinson bridges?

No problem. :)

There was another company that was selling the same type of compensated brass saddles for that same price. I got my first set from them - Probably WD or AllParts. However, when I went back to get a second set, they were sold out, and they were for several months afterwards. That's when I searched for and found the RS Guitarworks saddles. Both sets appear to be identical.

However, the first shop did have them available in aluminum and steel too... so for those who prefer the sound of one of those other metals, they're out there for $10-12 a set.

I'll see if I can dig up a link... brb

Well, guess what? :) They're finally back in stock! Save yourself an additional buck or so - like I said, they're pretty much identical:

http://www.wdmusic.com/compensated_tele_bridge_saddle_set_brass.html

Want aluminum instead? Same price - Here you go:

http://www.wdmusic.com/compensated_tele_bridge_saddle_set_aluminum.html

Nickel plated steel is going to cost you an extra two bucks though...

http://www.wdmusic.com/compensated_tele_bridge_saddle_set_steel_nickle_plate.html

Archived