Your teles or tele equivalents. Show me them.

amarr1

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

here's my Tele.
I find the white binding really makes them look nicer.
I used to dislike Teles because the back side would cut into me, until I came across this American Deluxe with a rib cutout.
wow, what a godsend.
right now this is my favorite guitar, love playing it.
the only other downside is the lack of access to the truss rod. I need to adjust it right now but am not in the mood to remove the pick guard..
{censored} it, i'm fixing it tonight!

2mer4op.jpg

• Members

(the amp is a '61 Bassman)

I want to take your amp out to dinner. I'm thinking duck breast with cherry mustard sauce, paired with a mid-priced medium bodied red wine. A Cotes-du-Rhone would do nicely.

Then we could walk down by the river. Just the two of us, huddled close against the wind. We'd watch city lights bounce off the water, blinking along the rippling waves and disappearing like dying stars.

By the time we got back to my place,we would be laughing like old friends. It would feel like we had known each other all our lives. After awhile it would get quiet, the laughter would die down, and we would gaze at each other for just a moment. We would weigh the fear of ruining such a perfect evening against the promise of what we both know could be magic.

Then your amp and I would make love.

:lol:

So let me get this straight - a guy from Newcastle England (yes, I know there are a few shore breaks / point breaks near you) is laughing at the guy from Denver for playing in a surf band?

The guys here in CA are laughing back at you. :lol::p;) Yes, the folks in Hawaii (and Polynesians in general) can lay claim to inventing the type of wave riding that lead to modern surfing, and also Hawaiian music (which influenced Surf) and they have some arguably better breaks (and the guys in the south Pacific / Oz can make claims of their own), but California is where surf music and culture as it's known today largely developed.

Of course, we have no monopoly on surfing. Just like we have no monopoly on surf music. :idea: If you like it, then by all means - play and enjoy it; no matter where you are from. :cool: You never know what it might lead to - if a bunch of UK guitarists hadn't gotten into American blues and country, the music world of today (and music history) would be drastically different.

• Members

So let me get this straight - a guy from Newcastle England (yes, I know there are a few shore breaks / point breaks near you) is laughing at the guy from Denver for playing in a surf band?

:lol: I was being tongue-in-cheek, I know surf bands can come from anywhere but the idea of one coming from high in the Rocky Mountains is an odd juxtaposition. I just subconsciously imagine them coming from California.

I used to surf a bit as a kid. The waves here aren't the best (the North Sea is pretty shallow, the best UK surf is in Cornwall where the waves roll in from the Atlantic) but are respectable, and I was less than a half-mile walk from the shore.

Archived