Your teles or tele equivalents. Show me them.

amarr1

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nah...it was free so im gonna keep it stock. Im used to the scribbing already. and the neck looks fine. Its about the same tint as my CIJ.
I really dont like the switch though because it goes up and down, and its easy to hit when strumming.

Nice. Have you considered to refinish it? Also, to tint a bit the neck?

• Members

what p90? I have a Lollar overwound in mines....p90 teles kick ass!

It's just a GFS p90 right now. GFS Liverpool Retrotron in the neck. I have to say, for $30 pickups, they kick ass. I originally intended on upgrading the p90 when I could afford a better one, but I see no reason to.

• Members

nah...it was free so im gonna keep it stock. Im used to the scribbing already. and the neck looks fine. Its about the same tint as my CIJ.

I really dont like the switch though because it goes up and down, and its easy to hit when strumming.

Yap, I saw the thread about it, does it play good? because they are kinda pricey..

• Members

yeah it plays really good. As good as my other Teles (52RI, CIJ52, Squier CVC, MIM60s) The pickup is really badass. Makes me wanna build another Tele with 2 lollar p90s.

The neck is killer! A really smooth satin-poly, nice beefy C shape and compound radius, medium-jumbo frets, well cut bone nut...good stuff.

And the hipshot bridge is just dreamy. They make top notch stuff. Its not a parts guitar either, I took the neck off and the owners name is in it-no warmoth or allparts (not that thats bad), same with the body, he makes them himself, theres no route between the neck and bridge pickup. And the pickguard had to be custom made too to fit around the p90, and finally the control plate was made to fit the switch, its thicker than a regular one.

Check Flatline site for sale section they often sell B stock or used guitars, prototypes and stuff like that for cheap. Some parts guitars ive seen go for like $900
http://www.flatlineguitars.com/

Yap, I saw the thread about it, does it play good? because they are kinda pricey..

• Members

ya man GFS make great stuff. Originally my guitar had a GFS Mean 90 in the bridge but the neck couldnt handle it, so the builder put the Lollar in. It has a GFS 50s in the neck and it sounds really good, although there's a significant volume disparity-thinking about changing that actually.

The guy who built mine says he prefers GFS trad Tele pickups over Lollars. I gotta say, Ive got expensive Boutique neck pickups (Fred Stuart, Fralin, Mare, et al) and the GFS sound just as good as all those.

And I love my GFS Brownie-Rat pedal.

It's just a GFS p90 right now. GFS Liverpool Retrotron in the neck. I have to say, for $30 pickups, they kick ass. I originally intended on upgrading the p90 when I could afford a better one, but I see no reason to.

Archived