Your teles or tele equivalents. Show me them.

amarr1

And a good day to you too, sir! :D

Seriously, I think you'll really like those saddles. Like I said, they're on my Duo Sonic II and my Tele, and in both cases, they're a HUGE improvement over the three straight steel stock saddles in terms of both tone and intonation. For ten bucks, IMHO, it's one of the easiest and best sounding mods you can do to a three-saddle bridge equipped Tele.

Compensated brass saddles - Highly recommended. :phil:

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I got the bridge discounted from a local forumite that bailed on a tele project of his own. I've bought one set of those brass compensated saddles from WD and if there's a difference between those, I can't see it. I'm very picky about intonation and I'd say on this guitar and one other in particular, they are close enough for me. The D/G saddle... the G is very close but not perfect. I might try adjusting the string heights, but to my ears, a slightly sharp is pretty garish, esp with gain so I err on the side of a slightly flat D rather than a slightly sharp G. On another guitar, I could intonate it perfectly. I use 11s if that makes a difference. Radically better than non-compensated saddles.

I love the Lollar Christian pickup. It's the reason I built that particular tele. A couple years ago, I got a used Dr Z Carmen Ghia from a local guy who is an absolutely KILLER player. Part of the deal was I gave him an older Weber P12NT which we installed in his 64 or 65 Deluxe Reverb. (He had both! :facepalm:) He was so happy with the improvement, he kept trying different guitars and pulled out an old, beat up tele with a B Bender and a G Bender and it has the CC in the neck. Partly because of the great sounding amp and partly because of his playing, I was floored and new I had to do one at some point.

It's definitely different than a P90. I'm still getting to know it so I'd hate to overly praise it, but for subdued, clean jazzy tones, I don't know that you can do better in a solid body. It's definitely pretty hot though, but not in a growly, mean P90 kinda way.

• Members

Wish I bought a Tele-Sonic while they were cheap
:cry:

:edit: Anyone remember how much James Iha's sold for on ebay?

Check the used gear at guitar center website.

In the upper right hand corner, key in what you're looking for and it should tell you if they have it and the location.

I saw a Telesonic on their used gear site 2 months ago.

• Members
And a good day to you too, sir!
:D

Seriously, I think you'll really like those saddles. Like I said, they're on my Duo Sonic II
and
my Tele, and in both cases, they're a HUGE improvement over the three straight steel stock saddles in terms of both tone and intonation. For ten bucks, IMHO, it's one of the easiest and best sounding mods you can do to a three-saddle bridge equipped Tele.

Compensated brass saddles - Highly recommended. :phil:

I am using one of these now, they recommended it to me when I replaced my cheap mim bridge. As you can see the saddles are angled.

http://www.allparts.com/Joe-Barden-Vintage-Style-Bridge-p/tb-5140-001.htm

TB-5140-001-2.jpg

Archived