HCFX cycling club.

Loobs

• Members

yeah i'm sick of gym climbing too, what do you use for a crash pad? i assume you can't haul one on your bike.

I'm a fool. I go by myself without a pad. I felt like I had 127 hours'd myself last week when I got up on an awkward little bluff by dyno-ing the last move and then I realized there was a picnic area like 5 feet behind me haha. There are sweet fold up pads that have straps on em and they're pretty easy to haul. My friends haul them up huge hikes just to boulder at the top of the hill, I don't think they're too unreasonable

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Will be biking to work more often as soon as the weather gets better. But I gots a 1990 Ciocc with pretty much all campy everything. I have to get some things replaced on it but after I do it will be a little horndog.

• Members

I was cycling to work daily until 6 months ago, I hit a dog and broke my collar bone and changed job locations and I have to drive now. I go for a twenty minute blast everyday when I get home, but I miss the ride to work.
I ride road bikes, modern and vintage.
I really want to go to Whistler Bike Park and do some serious downhill but I have to get some experience first.

• Members

man cycling was my life at one point... usually put in 500-600 miles a week... was even sponsored and racing professionally... then met my wife, got married, got a real job, had kids, moved to NJ... and gained almost 100 lbs... I need to get the hell outta the land of highways and get back on my bike again before im too old

yes i know thats a lame excuse... but lifestyle change was what killed it for me... its been a years now and i miss it a lot. I gotta do something to get back into it

• Members

I commute 2-3 days a week, about 6 miles each way including a couple of big hills. Keeps me reasonably fit.

I try and get out for at least one proper off road MTB session once a month when family life allows for it. Plenty of big hills and woods where I live to make a nice 4hr ride. This is my current bike

• Members

i work 80 miles from home, so commuting is out for the last 3 years. {censored} me. but i have a trainer in my garage that i hit 3-5 times/week, keeps me going until mountain biking is back on. i dream about commuting again. i miss the {censored} out of it. still have my panniers and whatnot...

Archived