HCFX BOTB 2012 - Official Rules List and Guidelines

Aristotle

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mhuxtable

View Post

Seriously? It takes maybe 30 minutes to put some pedals on a board, snap a photo, upload it online. and that's accounting for TGP neatness.

Whiny dudes who don't wanna step up and make a contest happen.

I want to include a video demo like last year. My videos are nothing special, but they easily can take up a whole morning or afternoon.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

do amp footswitches and expression pedals count as pedals? may sound like a stupid question, but you never know. are we talking seperate actualy effects or boxes in general?

expression, amp switches and tap tempo boxes don't count towards your number of pedals. multi-fx count as 1, stompboxes count as one.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gae86

View Post

icon_lol.gif

also sincerely for those who know a little me and Thomas, should know that we are not usual "complainer".

As he said, lot of us could have problems finding time to wire a board. Everytime we had a BOTB we always talked a lot before and we knew it would have started, in a 3 days, a week, a month or whatever. This helped also for collecting prizes, share the word and involve generally more people.

Making it start today, out of nowhere, seems a little of a nonsense to me, but again that's just my opinion!

If you look back, you'll see that there has been BOTB 2012 talk around here for months at this point and it's been tradition to have BOTB around this time of the year. I hardly think I sprung this out of nowhere, but I hear your concern and that's why I've added another week to the "battle". There are now two weeks to smack talk (BTOB'd), wire boards, buy new pedlols, spread the world, solicit prizes, whatever..... then another 8 days to vote. I'm thinking 25 days is long enough for BOTB, agreed?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Urinate Forever

View Post

expression, amp switches and tap tempo boxes don't count towards your number of pedals. multi-fx count as 1, stompboxes count as one.

Correct. Anything that the signal passes through counts as a pedal. Expression pedals, amp switches, tuners in the tuner-out of a volume pedal...don't count as a pedal. Volume pedals, pedal tuners, etc...do count.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Urinate Forever

View Post

Correct. Anything that the signal passes through counts as a pedal. Expression pedals, amp switches, tuners in the tuner-out of a volume pedal...don't count as a pedal. Volume pedals, pedal tuners, etc...do count.

• Members

Do we really need to count tuners? I don't see any harm in considering that non-signal passing because when it's engaged the signal literally doesnt pass. It only passes signal if it's off and it doest affect the signal passing through ever.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mhuxtable

View Post

Seriously? It takes maybe 30 minutes to put some pedals on a board, snap a photo, upload it online. and that's accounting for TGP neatness.

Whiny dudes who don't wanna step up and make a contest happen.

Sure but some of us are busy making pedals as prises or for the octophant project still this week.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

Do we really need to count tuners? I don't see any harm in considering that non-signal passing because when it's engaged the signal literally doesnt pass. It only passes signal if it's off and it doest affect the signal passing through ever.

Seconded, I could just as easily use the tuner out on my volume pedal, but tend to avoid it due to tone suckage. Also cheers to Aristotle for organizing this and to all the people donating.

Archived