HCFX BOTB 2012 - Official Rules List and Guidelines

Aristotle

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do we really need to count tuners? I don't see any harm in considering that non-signal passing because when it's engaged the signal literally doesnt pass. It only passes signal if it's off and it doest affect the signal passing through ever.

If its a tuner pedal its a pedal.

• Members

I'm not sure how it would be punishment?

And we had this debate last year in the BOTB thread, where it was decided pedal tuners count toward the board pedal count
:idk:

Because its not a signal processor. In my opinion we should just count pedals that passively or actively manipulate the signal for musical effect. That's really the spirit of a pedal in this case and why a line switcher or volume pedal should still count.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

If its an expression pedal its a pedal.

I think because it's an accessory for another pedal, and not a specific pedal, in and of itself. A tuner pedal does something on its own. An expression pedal is worthless without it's mate.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

I think because it's an accessory for another pedal, and not a specific pedal, in and of itself. A tuner pedal does something on its own. An expression pedal is worthless without it's mate.

Man some of you guys are really adament about your tuners counting as pedals. I don't get it. It's like a mandatory piece of gear that's expected and won't really be judged. Why count it towards the total and why only sometimes? If it's a pedal it should count if it's in a side chain too.

• Members

really it comes down to what category you fit in, right? if you are really struggling to fit into a category and your tuner is holding you back, idn_smilie.gif
maybe the other contestants in that category can vote yay or nay. of course if you rockin strymons and {censored}, it will probably be nay cop.gif

Archived