HCFX BOTB 2012 - Official Rules List and Guidelines

Aristotle

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alright so I set up my board more or less but I am going to put two of my pedals on the floor cause one is a whammy and one uses a momentary switch which you operate while playing.

Is your tuner on your board? dont forget to count that

• Members

Suppose someone wanted to join the budget category, and Said person has a pedal worth slightly over $200 but acquired it for, oh say $150, would that be ok? Again not saying this is me.

The rules are un clear but the rule of the mob is what will judge you. we can't see how much you paid in a photo.

• Members

Suppose someone wanted to join the budget category, and Said person has a pedal worth slightly over $200 but acquired it for, oh say $150, would that be ok? Again not saying this is me.

Looking at previous battles, the cut-off on price seemed pretty flexible, while, at the same time, very much voter-policed. Most seemed pretty keen on the fact that it's a category for legitimate budget boards, and voting generally reflected poorly on trying to sneak expensive pedals in. I'm thinking about squeezing into the budget category as well, but given that even I consider my board a little too posh to be considered 'budget', I don't know that I expect to fare all that well. /shrug

• Members

Two questions:

1. I have a buffer on my board, but it has no footswitch or controls of any kind. Does this count as a pedal?

2. I took pictures a couple weeks ago when I got mine rewired with the little lava cables, but the sign only says "notjonahbutnoah hcfx botb 2012" and doesn't have the exact date... do I have to take more pictures now?

• Members

1. Man, this is getting complicated. I'm not sure - Anyone care either way?

2. I won't be too much of a stickler. For anyone who hasn't taken/submitted their photo yet, please try to follow the guidelines, but if you miss small things I'm not about to ruin your fun and exclude your entry.

I'd be interested in know this. As of right now, there is no one in the Large category. Lot of medium and small...

I will be in the large board category with 15

• Members

i'll pitch a pedal in as a prize, dont worry kids.

Also need to decide how i'll go about entering which category but it will likely either be medium or budget. or large :lol:

as far as a buffer goes, i'd count it as an effect pedal, it changes the signal in your chain. if you're 1 pedal over the small/medium limit as a result of your buffer you can always just take it off your board for the pic :idk: or step up to the next category. because a tuner might as well not count at that point too if we're not counting buffers. and many have buffers with a switch which would lead to an even grayer area. so i vote count buffer as a pedal.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle

View Post

1. Man, this is getting complicated. I'm not sure - Anyone care either way?

2. I won't be too much of a stickler. For anyone who hasn't taken/submitted their photo yet, please try to follow the guidelines, but if you miss small things I'm not about to ruin your fun and exclude your entry.

Actually, no worries on the buffer. I thought it was the difference between medium and large for me but I miscounted. I'm large no matter what.

Also, thanks. My stuff is all at my practice space and I have a lot of shows in the next couple weeks so I appreciate you not being a stickler over the date. You can always check my exif data, I promis it was just a couple weeks ago. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74

View Post

I have entered my board.

I eagerly await to place second in the sub group I'm placed cool.gif

Think pretty highly of yourself eh? smile.gif I hope to do better than last place I grabbed last year. I can only go up from here!

Archived