HCFX BOTB 2012 - Official Rules List and Guidelines

Aristotle

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever View Post
How about a video performance contest of our pedalboards where we all have to perform our interpretation of the same song? We can vote on the song, or let Phil choose the song. Preferably it should be something simple, relatively well-known, and full of attitude. The video has to show the board in action for a maximum of some length of time, and all of the pedals on the board must be engaged at least once during the performance. The quality of the video might vary, but lofi quality recordings could be used to effect as part of the interpretation.

What do you guys think?
I like this idea.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by caeman View Post
And I disagree that a board shouldn't be required. It is Battle of the BOARDS, not Battle of the COLLECTIONS. Proper presentation in this popularity contest counts. biggrin.gif
This isn't the HC pedal board forum, it's the effects forum. Somewhere along the line, "board" became the term for a complete effects pedal setup. Semantics. Is a rack effect not one if it's not screwed into a rack?

I've been using effects for decades and the only time I had them attached to a board was when I had an expression pedal, etc. hardwired together. And that was still just an odd hunk of wood. I usually tossed my pedals in a crate carrying a bunch of odd-shaped things like a single rack effect, supplemental amp, mixer for the PA, and a bunch of cables. My own instrument would still be the minority of my total setup time.

Archived