What will Roland's new synth be? Speculate here..

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:

CHECKY MONKEY ... LOL

I look very simular to my avatar, lol, my mom always called me her 'little monkey' when I was a small boy.

I'm glad Roland put out this new keyboard because as long as these companies keep putting products out, it's good for all of us and gives us a better selection to choose from.

To me the Roland sounds very nice from the video, but I'm not hardcore like some of you guys who can tell through a crappy PC speaker that something VA doesn't quite sound like an authentic analog oscilator etc, my ears are not that good and to be honest a lot of this stuff out todays beats the {censored} out of the gear I was on the road with 20+ years ago.

I still regret selling a couple of classic synths but I've got enough quality gear now I can get by.

Do I need a Kronus or a Jupiter 80? Like I need a hole in the head but I know damn well I will be scheming of a way to get those 2 boards and sneak them into the house past my unsuspecting wife.

• Members

:lol:

I look very simular to my avatar, lol, my mom always called me her 'little monkey' when I was a small boy.

I'm glad Roland put out this new keyboard because as long as these companies keep putting products out, it's good for all of us and gives us a better selection to choose from.

To me the Roland sounds very nice from the video, but I'm not hardcore like some of you guys who can tell through a crappy PC speaker that something VA doesn't quite sound like an authentic analog oscilator etc, my ears are not that good and to be honest a lot of this stuff out todays beats the {censored} out of the gear I was on the road with 20+ years ago.

I still regret selling a couple of classic synths but I've got enough quality gear now I can get by.

Do I need a Kronus or a Jupiter 80? Like I need a hole in the head but I know damn well I will be scheming of a way to get those 2 boards and sneak them into the house past my unsuspecting wife.

Ha ha, I will not bring my old life into these forums as it is past but I will say a very important product that helped me on the road to becoming top dog at what I did had ''Monkey'' in its name.. A Japanese product too ... LOL

There is a guy over at Gearslutz that says he will buy the Kronos and the Jupiter-80 ... Lucky man for sure... LOL at you getting these past your wife... they are not that small... She will know when you have a big smile on your face that something is a foot :lol:

As my previous talents do not lay in music I can only say my fascination for Roland's new synth will be different to many, I may actually be OK eventually with expressive movements of controls as in a way that is what I excelled in a non music field, but I sure can't play just now to save my live, so this board will save me buying something less fun for practice (only have GAIA and MAK to play)...

• Members

Since we're all coming clean, I should probably share my real identity for those of you who haven't met me personally. I am Ikutaro Kakehashi, founder of Roland Corporation.

I'm not really Ikutaro Kakehashi

• Members

Serious question. Can someone list out things that the V-Synth can do that the Jupiter-80 can't?

JMJ, don't know whether anyone ever got back to you on this specifically, but I think we can say now that V-Synth remains in comparison a wildly more flexible sampler, with unique sample-processing and mixing capabilities; along with a substantially more varied control interface, what with TT pad, lots of knobs and sliders, etc. Plus a VA engine. And about the same number of samples present in a project, but of course without multisampling. Plus a sequencer and a sophisticated modulation matrix, controllable in realtime and completely assignable. Plus plus plus... and yet- we'll see - I bet JP-80 will end up being more popular, particularly on the world market.

• Members

You know I've always liked Roland for how absolutely perverse and quirky they can be. You don't often see that in a big company.

If they made private aircraft, for instance, I'd bet they'd market them by featuring the dual, under-wing solar-powered icemakers prominently in their marketing campaign....

It makes them very human, somehow.

• Members

ChristianRock, Bernard....

Thank You!!!
:D

Can we consider the hatchet buried (at least until the next Roland keyboard comes out?)
;)

As your aware some of the follwoing is across forums:

CR claims I lie - I proved I did not on every occasion with evidence

CR claims I work for Roland - I do not

CR stated that Roland Oscillators do not oscillate - They do

CR claims he has never been banned from a Forum - Then we find he has admitted he has

CR claims I am a Shill - This is very offensive as it is an underhand activity - I am certainly not a shill

CR has claimed the above on multiple occasion - beyond a joke more like abusive behaviour

CR taunts suggestion of abuse with insulting imagery

My comments at all times have been fair, reasonable and accurate and at the out set originally the type of brotherly humor we all share on these forums.

If someone turns what appeared to start as a joke into prolonged personal attack, I have a right to respond with evidence that the claims in those attacks have no substance.

I have made no attacks and have only urged moderators to consider their options given his breach of conduct.

I do not favor the axe analogy, it suggests I want to attack him. I never have, I started out sharing humor.

We must all value diversity. Different people will have different tastes. We do not have to like what others may find attractive but we should allow them to discuss their favoured choice with others who have the same taste. I sincerely believe that CR has the intent to disrupt such conversation on any subject that he does not find to his favour. This is not fair on other members of the forum weather they be in a majority or a minority of such taste

CR has openly posted his intent to disrupt threads on subjects he does not like using the term ''bomb''.

What you or EP wish to do is your choice, not mine.

I feel it is fair and reasonable of me to suggest action. However I will not labour the point. Life is too short. There is a correlation between firm moderation and forum health. If you allow abuse the forum will suffer.

Be smart and make wise decisions and all will be fine :cool:

• Members
As your aware some of the follwoing is across forums:

CR claims I lie - I proved I did not on every occasion with evidence

CR claims I work for Roland - I do not

CR stated that Roland Oscillators do not oscillate - They do

CR claims he has never been banned from a Forum - Then we find he has admitted he has

CR claims I am a Shill - This is very offensive as it is an underhand activity - I am certainly not a shill

CR has claimed the above on multiple occasion - beyond a joke more like abusive behaviour

CR taunts suggestion of abuse with insulting imagery

Com'on Bernard,

you claimed that GAIA sounds good!!!
;)

Archived