What will Roland's new synth be? Speculate here..

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aww...
:cry:
Bernard... I really didn't mean any harm with the axe comment.... it's just a joke... let it go..

Plus, you're one of the very few people like me who don't hate the Jupiter-80
banana.gif

Don't worry I have been pressing the reset button every millisecond since this started... Then we get another post from CR followed by evidence from me. If he stops I will not need to respond. Its that simple. He is a very gifted musician. I wish him no harm. A break away from the internetz may have done him some good. It is not my decision to make, your the mod, so once again I will not trouble you and I trust you will consider the good of the forum

It's a shame the Roland clan seem to have so many FanBoys. Although I prefer hanging out with you guys anyway ;)

Back on topic, until we get a user manual, this synth has way too many unanswered questions. I hope Roland release it or more specs soon...

• Members

:lol:

You are falling over to the dark side

SURRENDER TO THE POWER OF THE EVIL CORPORATION

ROLAND IS YOUR FRIEND

ROLAND'S JUPITER-80 IS GOOD FOR YOU

ROLAND KNOWS WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU

ROLAND CARES ABOUT YOU

8132-10082.gif

• Members

Oh God I guess I have to set the record clear once again.

As your aware some of the follwoing is across forums:

CR claims I lie - I proved I did not on every occasion with evidence

You still haven't apologized for making up stuff that you said McHale has said.

CR claims I work for Roland - I do not

See below...

CR stated that Roland Oscillators do not oscillate - They do

There's a discussion going on about this in the Gaia thread right now. It's a valid point, but you want me banned for trying to figure out what really happens in the Gaia/JP-80 synth section? If that's not shilling, what is?

CR claims he has never been banned from a Forum - Then we find he has admitted he has

No, I have never admitted that. Quotes please.

I have asked one Fusion forum to close my account, that is different. I have never been banned from any forums. See how you lie? This is the kind of stuff you say, that clearly intends to harm me and my reputation (not that people think highly of me, but at least they know I'm not out to be mean to anyone). You do this bullying and then you claim that I'm the one doing it - all I've ever called you is a shill for Roland. Never have I made up quotes about you, never have I asked for you to be banned, never have I falsely claimed you have been banned anywhere.

CR claims I am a Shill - This is very offensive as it is an underhand activity - I am certainly not a shill

Then stop acting like one. You've been called a shill by several people especially at Gearslutz.

CR has claimed the above on multiple occasion - beyond a joke more like abusive behaviour

And I shall taunt you a second time

CR taunts suggestion of abuse with insulting imagery

Like the one with the baby crying? :lol: It's called Hai Guyz, you do it all the time

Drop it dude

• Members

Oh God I guess I have to set the record clear once again.

You still haven't apologized for making up stuff that you said McHale has said.

See below...

There's a discussion going on about this in the Gaia thread right now. It's a valid point, but you want me banned for trying to figure out what really happens in the Gaia/JP-80 synth section? If that's not shilling, what is?

No, I have never admitted that. Quotes please.

I have asked one Fusion forum to close my account, that is different. I have never been banned from any forums. See how you lie? This is the kind of stuff you say, that clearly intends to harm me and my reputation (not that people think highly of me, but at least they know I'm not out to be mean to anyone). You do this and then you claim that I'm the one doing it - all I've ever called you is a shill for Roland. Never have I made up quotes about you, never have I asked for you to be banned, never have I falsely claimed you have been banned anywhere.

Then stop acting like one. You've been called a shill by several people especially at Gearslutz.

And I shall taunt you a second time

Like the one with the baby crying?
It's called Hai Guyz, you do it all the time

Drop it dude

SHUT UP YOU NERDS :mad:

• Members

hey kids, just use the ignore button

I have him on ignore, but raffor had to go and quote him :lol:

Well as long as I had the chance to defend myself from public accusations, I've said my piece about it, and won't bring it up again even if provoked. It's a promise, guys.

• Members

Seems like this thread has deteriorated to new levels. But what did you expect from 40 page roland thread
:cop:

But, WHAT really does happen in synth section of the gaia and JP80?

Well we had one very credible source (Artemiy) saying that when he worked on the JP-80 project, the synth engine that was in there worked purely with samples (source: http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37028&start=15#p229194), and by looking at it, it seemed to be based on the Gaia. While Roland people have since said that this has been changed and that now it is an actual VA (we'll know it when we see it I guess).

• Members

Well we had one very credible source (Artemiy) saying that when he worked on the JP-80 project, the synth engine that was in there worked purely with samples (source:
), and by looking at it, it seemed to be based on the Gaia. While Roland people have since said that this has been changed and that now it is an actual VA (we'll know it when we see it I guess).

A simple pitch bend should cover this right?

Besides, how can it have unison detune (And did it have even PWM) if it's working with samples?

Was gaia samples only? Sounds like fake synth to me =(. Wonder why they couldn't just expand the JP8000 from the start.

• Members
A simple pitch bend should cover this right?

Besides, how can it have unison detune (And did it have even PWM) if it's working with samples?

Well, they did, it was called the V-Synth :lol: (and its little brother the SH-201).

As for the Gaia... look in the Gaia thread, there's a crapfest going on about this very subject... but apparently some people don't like us questioning that (thought I have to say, samples doesn't make it a fake synth, look at the DW-8000, it's still a real synth IMHO and it has samples...)

I don't know, I'd think you can do a lot with samples - just look at the JD-990 in 1992 (or so) having osc sync and other stuff with samples, that even the Gaia can't do nowadays!

We probably won't know until we play it.

Was gaia samples only? Sounds like fake synth to me =(. Wonder why they couldn't just expand the JP8000 from the start.

• Members

Why use the ignore button and miss all the fun.

Zactly

I will only put pure trolls and people who post offensive images on my ignore list

Occasionally people who post miles of arguments, not coz I don't like them it's just too much to scroll past ... LOL

• Members

As your aware some of the follwoing is across forums:

CR claims I lie - I proved I did not on every occasion with evidence

CR claims I work for Roland - I do not

CR stated that Roland Oscillators do not oscillate - They do

CR claims he has never been banned from a Forum - Then we find he has admitted he has

CR claims I am a Shill - This is very offensive as it is an underhand activity - I am certainly not a shill

CR has claimed the above on multiple occasion - beyond a joke more like abusive behaviour

CR taunts suggestion of abuse with insulting imagery

You can write the same as:

CR (claims I lie - I proved I did not on every occasion with evidence + claims I work for Roland - I do not + stated that Roland Oscillators do not oscillate - They do + claims he has never been banned from a Forum - Then we find he has admitted he has + claims I am a Shill - This is very offensive as it is an underhand activity - I am certainly not a shill + has claimed the above on multiple occasion - beyond a joke more like abusive behaviour + taunts suggestion of abuse with insulting imagery)

Aaahhhh. The powers of math... :wave:

Have to go now!

God bless you all and God bless United States of America!!!

• Members

You can write the same as:

CR (claims I lie - I proved I did not on every occasion with evidence + claims I work for Roland - I do not + stated that Roland Oscillators do not oscillate - They do + claims he has never been banned from a Forum - Then we find he has admitted he has + claims I am a Shill - This is very offensive as it is an underhand activity - I am certainly not a shill + has claimed the above on multiple occasion - beyond a joke more like abusive behaviour + taunts suggestion of abuse with insulting imagery)

Aaahhhh. The powers of math...
:wave:

Have to go now!

God bless you all and God bless United States of America!!!

Don I hear what your saying.. that your full on VA mathematically calculated statement is better than my sample slices...

Well with the right balance, I believe they sound the same, but hey YMMY :lol:

:wave:

• Members

Well we had one very credible source (Artemiy) saying that when he worked on the JP-80 project, the synth engine that was in there worked purely with samples (source:
), and by looking at it, it seemed to be based on the Gaia. While Roland people have since said that this has been changed and that now it is an actual VA (we'll know it when we see it I guess).

Later it was revealed Artemiy was working on an earlier phase in the development cycle. Many *assumed* it was just a GAIA and ran with that rumor repeatedly. Roland confirmed it's an all new synth engine. They have also confirmed the JP80 is not a Jupiter 8 emulator and doesn't have a Jupiter 8 "engine".

• Members

Later it was revealed Artemiy was working on an earlier phase in the development cycle. Many *assumed* it was just a GAIA and ran with that rumor repeatedly. Roland confirmed it's an all new synth engine. They have also confirmed the JP80 is not a Jupiter 8 emulator and doesn't have a Jupiter 8 "engine".

LOL .. not quite

The issue was art stated he had been given a sample based programme to develop some patches.. Roland corrected to say the actual VA synth section will have calculated waves plus PCM as an extra.

No one on this board that is worth updating would think the Jupiter-80 has a Jupiter 8 engine inside... LOL

It is 100% digital save for some pots sliders and convertors... The guys here get it.. Someone is just trolling for {censored}s and giggles so ignore it and it will go away ... LOL

• Members

Artemiy - the final version is VA, not sampled waveforms. There were many phases in the development. You are only referring to phase 1, but a very important phase, and glad you were a part of it!

What am I missing here?

Archived