December Great Deals Thread!! *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had to get one.

I'm going to try reducing it to a natural oil finish (if it looks decent) or just painting it black.

I was thinking the same - sand the top down to bare wood and tung oil it (or french polish with lacquer?). Maybe it'll look cool as-is... but I think I'm not thrilled with the kitsch look of it.

• Members

I was thinking the same - sand the top down to bare wood and tung oil it (or french polish with lacquer?). Maybe it'll look cool as-is... but I think I'm not thrilled with the kitsch look of it.

These are great little guitars (for the money), but they're basically not-so-thick plywood. I'm not sure I'd get one to refinish.

I also own a Little Martin (street price $300+). I'm not going to say these Gretsch guitars are as good, but they aren't that far off...

• Members
That Gretsch Americana deal is now on Slick Deal's front page, so get it now before SDers chomp 'em OOS.

Just to be safe I opened up the one I bought for the little one and this guitar is a blast for a 3/4 size sounds great and the action on the one I have is perfect! looks to even have a truss rod for adjustment as well, pretty impressive for this price! So I ordered another one for myself & sent one to a friend in Chicago instead of the Stupid Michigan Fudge I send every year...

Merry Christmas Everyone... :rawk:

• Members
I'm playing my Gretsch through the Christmas Story Marathon with my Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun
with a compass in the stock
by my side in the recliner's holster with the safety off...
:freak:

Fixed.

I love how this thread goes to {censored} when there's a great deal. :D

really!

• Members

I fell for it. $27 minus whatever paypal/live.com kicks back(2%-7%), so maybe another buck.

I've been wanting that size of guitar for a while now. I have one that has reached its limit. I am hoping this Gretsch will be a bit better.

Oh yeah, I got the SHOWDOWN.

• Members

There's another wrinkle on this deal gang...if you need a few for gifts/xmas presents or just for yourself...

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=cpp/Overstock2

According to the above you can save 15 percent if you pay with paypal and your total is 100 or greater. Further you can save another 10 percent with this code at checkout, which *IS* compatible with also paying with PayPal: 134878

Coupons and live cash don't always jive...live cash terms state coupons void live cash, but coupons and fatwallet.com fatcash generally do go together...4 percent cash back at fatwallet if you link to overstock from their directory of merchants .

So it could be, 30 bucks, minus 10 percent off coupon code, then another 15 percent cash back from that total from paypal, and in 3 months another 4 percent back from that same total from fatwallet.com

• Members

I have two sets in chrome. The measurements are as follows:

Set 1:

B: 8.01k

N: 7.99k

Set 2:

B: 8.13k

N: 7.93k

No coil splitting option.

Just buzzed mine out and got almost identical readings, (B)8.01 & (N)7.91.

Its hard not to buy the Gold ones, he sells out so fast.

As for the Showdown/Sundown - pretty sure 'ol Santa is hookin' me up.

• Members

At $26.99, the Gretch is now a no brainer.

Serious. I got the Sundown model earlier when I was on, now after seeing the 10% off thing, I had to go back and get the Showdown model too. I was surprised there were any of those left, after seeing the Sundown model was sold out.

• Members

The Americana's are down to $28.49. Me thinks they wants them GONE NOW.
I have two... why buy more? Yet still you lunatic Gassers are making me want to punch buy buttons with all my might. :mad::facepalm:

Archived