December Great Deals Thread!! *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem is that this is from First Act's garbage line. There are three distinct First Act Lines:

The luthier-made one-offs from their boutique in Boston: Excellent guitars costing $2000 and up.

The SFA line, mass produced in China, but to quality standards, and originally intended to sell for $300-600. These are the guitars that are getting clearanced for around $100-200 and which people have been raving about (e.g. the Sheena).

The low end, low quality, mass produced lines made for WalMart/ToysRUs/etc. Although you might find an OK one, these are very problematic, with all the quality control issues and inferior materials issues you expect from cheapo guitars made to retail for around $100 or less.

The problem here is that First Act hasn't differentiated their lines with different sub-brands. That's a big reason why, e.g., the very worthy SFA lines aren't selling.

In any event, the WalMart/Kmart/ToysRUs First Act guitars are by-and-large not even worth $50.

^ This.

• Members

The First Act Marketing folks should be fired. The name "First Act" is fine for low end stuff. The first act in a multi-band show is usually a new band just earning their stripes, maybe young folks getting their first gigs, so the name works for starter guitars.

I agree that they need to rebrand their mid and upper lines. They probably think building nicer guitars with the FA name will improve the image of the brand, but it just drags down the perceived quality of their better stuff. What if Fender put "Squier Bullet" on all of their guitars to help the rep of the Squiers?

• Members

is the stand no longer offered? Not seeing any ref to it..

Ordered mine by phone yesterday, shipped out this morning sans stand. Kicking myself over it - should've confirmed stand inclusion right away, but followed up by e-mail and the answer came back too late. That said, I don't need the stand, and flipping it wouldn't be a good option because of back up in inventory of used gear on the local market. The case is a different story, and I'll still be satisfied with the deal if it measures up (and judging from others' reviews that shouldn't be a problem).

ANYWAY, go with M123 at this point if you want the stand, and if you can get immediate confirmation that it'll be included so much the better.

• Members

First act Sheena in Red is back in stock @ J&R $99.99 + $7.00 shipping

live.com has 7% cashback, effectively making it $99.99 shipped

Unfortunately not. I ordered the "last" red one on Sat, called yesterday for a tracking # and was told someone placed an order at the same time I did and they got it instead so I canceled the order. I ordered another blue one from FA.

I just loaded the page from your link and, sure enough, it shows they are available. I just got off a WTF call with J&R - they say they are discontinued and out of stock and don't know why my browser is showing any available.

Would be nice, but don't count on it. FA does have some in blue left and they appear to be the last.

• Members

Musician's Gear Les Paul and SG hard cases are $34 at Music123 with 15% off code gift123. Free shipping threshold is higher than Musician's Friend, but if you order something out-of-stock they usually ship the in stock one first and cancel the other one (at least for blems) ...

Les Paul
http://www.music123.com/Musicians-Gear-Les-Paul-Hardshell-Case-540949-i1151392.Music123

SG
http://www.music123.com/Musicians-Gear-SG-Hardshell-Case-545175-i1152250.Music123

• Members

Musician's Gear Les Paul and SG hard cases are $34 at Music123 with 15% off code gift123. Free shipping threshold is higher than Musician's Friend, but if you order something out-of-stock they usually ship the in stock one first and cancel the other one (at least for blems) ...

Les Paul

SG

You just barely beat me to this one. Thats a DEAL. IMHO.

I looked at that camo case for hours. But I finally decided on this deal.

I bought one of the LP cases above and a Strat Case for the same price. $34 for a case is sweeeet.

Here is a link to the strat case.

http://www.music123.com/Musicians-Gear-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-Case-540948-i1151391.Music123?source=ZTEM8XOC

• Members

You just barely beat me to this one. Thats a DEAL. IMHO.

I looked at that camo case for hours. But I finally decided on this deal.

I bought one of the LP cases above and a Strat Case for the same price. $34 for a case is sweeeet.

Here is a link to the strat case.

Not really. The Musicians Gear cases are always around that price and they do not include a free $20 stand. Gator is an established brand name in cases, while Musicians Gear is the house brand of GC and its subsidiaries. So value wise the camo case is a much better deal.

• Members

Not really. The Musicians Gear cases are always around that price and they do not include a free $20 stand. Gator is an established brand name in cases, while Musicians Gear is the house brand of GC and its subsidiaries. So value wise the camo case is a much better deal.

Uglier, but a better deal.

And I bought the Gator...but it is ugly.

• Members

The First Act Marketing folks should be fired. The name "First Act" is fine for low end stuff. The first act in a multi-band show is usually a new band just earning their stripes, maybe young folks getting their first gigs, so the name works for starter guitars.

I agree that they need to rebrand their mid and upper lines. They probably think building nicer guitars with the FA name will improve the image of the brand, but it just drags down the perceived quality of their better stuff. What if Fender put "Squier Bullet" on all of their guitars to help the rep of the Squiers?

What do you think this does for their product line? And how long do you think it will take before it is clearanced for $10?

http://www.jr.com/firstact/pe/FIA_GE_hy_2000/

• Members

$34. is just an average deal 4 a hsc?

• Members

Ibanez AFS75T Archtop Hollowbody Electric Guitar Preorder for $200 less any coupons or rebates.

I already have an AFS75T, and it is a STEAL at the $199 price.

But... model and specs are for a AFS75T, but the pictures appear to be of an AFS75 (no tremolo), and that is what the URL indicates as well...

It is a "Preorder", but it is "In stock and ready to ship"... hmmm...

• Members

I already have an AFS75T, and it is a STEAL at the $199 price.

But... model and specs are for a AFS75T, but the pictures appear to be of an AFS75 (no tremolo), and that is what the URL indicates as well...

It is a "Preorder", but it is "In stock and ready to ship"... hmmm...

The transparent red is the one on preorder.

Notice that it's also listed under Solid Body Guitars.

I'm soooo confused! :facepalm:

• Members
The transparent red is the one on preorder.

Notice that it's also listed under Solid Body Guitars.

I'm soooo confused!
:facepalm:

OK- I see now, if you change to the blue and then back to the red, the "In stock" message does not go away...

To add to the confusion, they have it listed elsewhere on the site at $399.

Nonetheless, I jumped using the $20.00 off code posted earlier in the thread. I had my best customer over the other day admiring mine and I am sure she will want to get this from me.

• Members
OK- I see now, if you change to the blue and then back to the red, the "In stock" message does not go away...

To add to the confusion,

Nonetheless, I jumped using the $20.00 off code posted earlier in the thread. I had my best customer over the other day admiring mine and I am sure she will want to get this from me.

Did you contact Customer Service to find out if this was the tremolo version or non-trem version?

• Members

To add to the confusion,

Looks to me that just the blue is $200. The red is $250.

Then again, I used to have a blue AFS75 (not the T). It was far-and-away the prettiest LOOKING guitar I've ever owned. I sold it because the pups were kind of lousy and my nicer-playing and nicer-sounding Peavey JF-2 made it redundant.

But for $200 I'm awful tempted to snag a T model and do a pickup swap on it...

... and I'm over it. I'm happy with the JF-2.

Good well-chosen gear: The best cure for GAS.

If you don't own a hollow, the blue-burst Ibanez is a REALLY nice one for the money, but budget for a pickup swap, because if you are anything like me, you won't be satisfied with the stock ones.

• Members

$34. is just an average deal 4 a hsc?

IMHO $34 for a well-made hardcase, regardless of brand, is a good deal. Comparable to the camo for $30. The camo + stand for $30 is a great deal. But only if you find the camo appealing. I'm guessing I'll like the camo better for weight and build. Though it is, indeed, most ugly.

Archived