December Great Deals Thread!! *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members
Did you contact Customer Service to find out if this was the tremolo version or non-trem version?

The first rule of Hot Deals: NEVER, I repeat, NEVER EVER CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I have an order confirmation with the right model number. That is all I need :thu:

Worst case scenario, they send me the wrong thing and I send it back at their expense and get a refund.

Best case, I get a new AFS75T for less than I paid for mine USED (which was a heck of a deal in its own right).

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF does that mean?

It means that MF is very clumsy with their inventory listings sometimes.

If you are in the market for a hollow with a wiggle-stick, I agree that this is one to take advantage of. I assure you the blue-burst is GORGEOUS. Even if you end up spending $100 on new pickups, you're still talking about a stellar deal.

• Members

If you are in the market for a hollow with a wiggle-stick, I agree that this is one to take advantage of. I assure you the blue-burst is GORGEOUS. Even if you end up spending $100 on new pickups, you're still talking about a stellar deal.

Or, in simpler terms: If this guitar is at all appealing to you, buy it now and ask questions later. This is HOT...

• Members

These are not Blueburst:

275999.jpg

But rather, Transparent Blue:

577517.jpg

Or, to be technically accurate, assuming it is an AFS75T:

275995.jpg

But I still dig it :love:

• Members

On that Ibanez, note that the product numbers are different. The $200 one has a prod. # of 528025. The regular priced one has a prod. # of 519452.

Also, note that one of them is listed as an Ibanez AFS75T and the other is listed as an Ibanez Artcore AFS75T.

I doubt anyone will receive the one with the vintage tremolo for $200 but it's worth a shot if you can return it on their dime.

• Members

Not really. The Musicians Gear cases are always around that price and they do not include a free $20 stand. Gator is an established brand name in cases, while Musicians Gear is the house brand of GC and its subsidiaries. So value wise the camo case is a much better deal.

The Musician's Gear is a hardshell case, the Gator one is a glorified gigbag. Completely apples and oranges here. That stand is basically a generic tubular stand, nothing special there either. Not sure who on earth would pay the retail price of $20 for the stand when suitable "A" frame stands are better and cost about $10-$15 normally.

• Members

I have a few of the Musicians Gear tweed cases. They're listed as $50 - less 15% with the coupon I guess. That said, I picked mine up 2 years ago for $40 less 10% off, so for $36 for the tweed ones, they were worth it. But they're just ok cases - and I've read that the black ones (which are a completely different case) are not very good. Just FYI.

The tweed ones I got are a bit large, and the guitar has a lot of wiggle room when you carry it. I don't like to hear my guitar bang around inside the case when I'm walking around with it. Also, the neck holder is too tall - which makes the guitar's back not sit flush with the case, causing undue stress to the neck joint of the guitar.

Haven't gotten the camo Gator ones yet - but their design for the interior looks nicer. We'll see how it compares.

• Members
I have a few of the Musicians Gear tweed cases. They're listed as $50 - less 15% with the coupon I guess. That said, I picked mine up 2 years ago for $40 less 10% off, so for $36 for the tweed ones, they were worth it. But they're just ok cases - and
I've read that the black ones (which are a completely different case) are not very good.
Just FYI.

Thats what I had about this time last year - I could not recommend that case to anyone. Almost everything is better with tweed. :thu:

• Members

Also, the neck holder is too tall - which makes the guitar's back not sit flush with the case, causing undue stress to the neck joint of the guitar.

Haven't gotten the camo Gator ones yet - but their design for the interior looks nicer. We'll see how it compares.

That's one of the good things about the Gator case. The neck holder is over a foot long and at the right height for Fender type gits.

They could be pink for all I care at that price.

• Members

K I think I'll hold off for more cases/gigbags until MF does the Elite series gig bags for $9.99 or $14.95 plus whatever promo code will be valid at that time. I have 10 of them and they are my favorite gigbag. Even prefer it to the $90 Parker Fly gigbag that is just ridiculously padded.

Archived