December Great Deals Thread!! *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alright, I'm an idiot, but I don't understand how to use the ebay bin 25% off thing. Say I was going to buy this amp...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-3-Channel-Dual-Rectifier-Head_W0QQitemZ300274148560QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item300274148560&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1199|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

What do I have to do to get the discount?

1) Open a cash back account via live.com

2) search via the live.com search engine for just about any product ("wii gold" generally works)

3) on the search results page, the first few links are in a different colored box and the first one will be an eBay link. Click on that.

4) now that you're on eBay, there should be a green banner at the top that says "Microsoft Cash Back" and has a percentage - that's the percentage you will get off.

5) Now find whatever it is you want to buy (in this case, the Mesa amp). Click the "Buy It Now" button and there will be a section near the bottom of the page that tells you how much the refund will be.

6) Buy the amp and pay for it.

7) Wait to get a message from eBay saying that you've purchased something that qualifies for cash back. (it could take a couple of days)

8) Follow the link in that message and log in to your live.com account

9) within a few more days the cash back amount should show up in there

10) wait 60 days for the cash back to become available (they do this so you can't return the thing you bought and still get the cash back)

11) Withdraw the money - withdrawing it to your PayPal account is the easiest way

So it's going to take over two months to get the discount.

By the way, the limit is $200 per transaction so you're not actually going to get 25% of that purchase price. Instead you will get $200 off.

Oh, and the percentage changes but right now it's 20% and not 25%. It wouldn't matter for you anyway because both percentages will get you the maximum discount of $200.

• Members

Overstock.com has lowered the prices again on the Gretsch Americana guitars

Sundown is now 45.99

Showdown is now 42.99

1 dollar shipping still applies.

P11266362a.jpgP11266361a.jpg

I was given free shipping last week. A small screen came gliding down from the top of the menu bar, saying that if I ordered "right way" I would get free shipping, as well.

Also, though, there are o-stock coupon codes that will apply to your order, so be sure to check them out:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=overstock+coupon+code&aq=4&oq=overstock

• Members

I was given free shipping last week. A small screen came gliding down from the top of the menu bar, saying that if I ordered "right way" I would get free shipping, as well.

Also, though, there are o-stock coupon codes that will apply to your order, so be sure to check them out:

Yeah, they had free shipping on monday as well. it changed on tuesday to the 1 dollar deal. they also offered 15% back using paypal. a lot of these "added" discounts are great and all but read the fine print about when you get the discount. In a lot of cases, it might be 60 days and they they send you a rebate or something.

• Members

Make a purchase of $100 or more and save $20 at MF by using the promo code of THNX by the end of the month.

I'm getting the 536133.jpg
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-III-15-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier?sku=482276
and
a set of picks 367620.jpg
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Friend-Standard-Celluloid-Guitar-Picks-1-Dozen?sku=110841>
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Friend-Standard-Celluloid-Guitar-Picks-1-Dozen?sku=110841

and using this code for a total of 81.98. They also have a $10 rebate for joining a mailing list, which I am going to read about now..

• Members

Yeah, they had free shipping on monday as well. it changed on tuesday to the 1 dollar deal. they also offered 15% back using paypal. a lot of these "added" discounts are great and all but read the fine print about when you get the discount. In a lot of cases, it might be 60 days and they they send you a rebate or something.

10.00 off on orders of 100.00 or more is instant

5% off order is instant

60 day rebates is a LiveSearch CashBack phenomenon. Overstock promo codes are instantaneous: the discount appears appears before one even submits the order.

• Members

) Now find whatever it is you want to buy (in this case, the Mesa amp). Click the "Buy It Now" button and there will be a section near the bottom of the page that tells you how much the refund will be. Hey Tweedle, I did this but no box came up telling me what my cash back would be.

• Members

If you use a coupon code, you will DEFINITELY lose live.com cashback and maybe the PayPal cashback as well. Be very careful.

• Members

To the Target stuff? No, it's all discontinued and out of the stores now. These Woot ones are either from the Washburn warehouse or from Target's warehouse. Incidentally, these were marked down to as much as 75% off at the Target stores, which was considerably cheaper than the prices Woot is charging.

I looked them over when they had them at Target. I found the quality control on the Lyon electric to be very spotty, at least to the extent that could be measured in the store (i.e. cosmetic imperfections, bowed necks, etc.)

Thanks.

• Members

2) search via the live.com search engine for just about any product ("wii gold" generally works)

3) on the search results page, the first few links are in a different colored box and the first one will be an eBay link. Click on that.

4) now that you're on eBay, there should be a green banner at the top that says "Microsoft Cash Back" and has a percentage - that's the percentage you will get off.

5) Now find whatever it is you want to buy (in this case, the Mesa amp). Click the "Buy It Now" button and there will be a section near the bottom of the page that tells you how much the refund will be.

7) Wait to get a message from eBay saying that you've purchased something that qualifies for cash back. (it could take a couple of days)

10) wait 60 days for the cash back to become available (they do this so you can't return the thing you bought and still get the cash back)

11) Withdraw the money - withdrawing it to your PayPal account is the easiest way

By the way, the limit is $200 so you're not actually going to get 25% of that purchase price. Instead you will get $200 off.

Oh, and the percentage changes but right now it's 20% and not 25%. It wouldn't matter for you anyway because both percentages will get you the maximum discount of $200.

Thanks!! Looks like a NAD might be in my future.

• Members

By the way, the limit is $200 per transaction so you're not actually going to get 25% of that purchase price. Instead you will get $200 off.

Thanks Tweedle, I finally figured it out. M

• Members

firstact.com has the sheena and delia guitars for $100 when they go for $400 normally.

I went to the actual first act store in boston and got a red sheena for $100. set neck, the frets are good and it plays really well. a little buzzy but not that bad and well worth $100

• Members

My experience with Wasburn Lyon is they are among the better sounding playing bolt on double humbucker inexpensive guitars out there . Nice sounding pups not garbage bin fillers .

Glad you got a good Lyon, the one I got was complete garbage. It was one of those Dan Donnegan Lyons and the neck had stripped bolts in it so it would not stay attached to the guitar. I had to take the neck off and drill the holes out and then glue in wooden dowel pins. Then I had to cut off the dowel pins and re-drill the holes for the screws to go in to fix the neck.

• Members

firstact.com has the sheena and delia guitars for $100 when they go for $400 normally.

I went to the actual first act store in boston and got a red sheena for $100. set neck, the frets are good and it plays really well. a little buzzy but not that bad and well worth $100

They're still 139-149 at Jr.com but there is live.com cashback available. The 540 delia is the better one.

jr has 69 dollar bolt on single pup sheenas, and the Vstack git is now 89

http://www.jr.com/firstact/pe/FIA_VE591/

• Members

Yes, they had all four. The Sweethearts sold out first, then Way Out West.

the sweet hearts sold out back when they were 89 dollars. the way out west sold out earlier this week, and the other ones are still available at like 42 bucks now or something. I have all but the sweethearts coming to my door today! I'll have to hunt around for the last one at a later date.

Archived