December Great Deals Thread!! *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Check your mailbox: I just got a $15 gift card - good only from 12/19 to 12/21 - from GC.

You can also sign up for email coupons on GC's website and get a 10% off coupon - good through 12/24 - to compound the savings.

(Had a $10 gift card that went unused. I went to GC, walked around, and found nothing to buy. Was going to settle on a set of strings and some un-needed picks - but their credit card system was down, and they couldn't even take my $10 gift card - so I left, card unused, wasted 1 hour trip.) :facepalm:

I had tried to use the 10% off coupon along with the gift card and was told I could not do both on the same transaction. :mad:

(They can save their stamp, don't bother sending me any more "gift cards". I won't use 'em!)

• Members

Cool, thanks. Anyone have a clue just how rigid this is or isn't?

These are GREAT. Lightweight, but well made. I doubt it would stand up to a forklift, but neither will a regular case. It affords at least, if not better protection than your average rectangular hard case.

• Members

These are GREAT. Lightweight, but well made. I doubt it would stand up to a forklift, but neither will a regular case. It affords at least, if not better protection than your average rectangular hard case.

Thanks. Wondering if I should have gone for two cases, two stands, $60 shipped...

• Members

No free shipping at M123. I was trying to apply "15off" which also didn't work.
MF FTW

I got 5. Jump on these if you can stand the camo. I got one of these with a guitar and have loved it since.

It's great for Fenders, not so much for tilt back headstocks like Gibbys.

• Members

No free shipping at M123. I was trying to apply "15off" which also didn't work.

MF FTW

I got 5. Jump on these if you can stand the camo. I got one of these with a guitar and have loved it since.

It's great for Fenders, not so much for tilt back headstocks like Gibbys.

Any idea on how well they work with Schecters? They have a slightly a back tilting headstock.

• Members

I think this has been mentioned before, but is worth another plug. First Act has discontinued their Sheena's and is currently blowing out their 2 pickup, setneck version for $99 + less than $8 shipping.

10-569-Everything_ProductPrimaryImage-th

http://shop.firstact.com/PublicStore/(S(kfz50p4500rsil45gxloar55))/product/CE2400002-Sheena-CE240-Blue,569,127.aspx

These were selling for over $600. I received mine last week and it is every bit a $600+ guitar. The body is poplar with a thick flamed maple top. The neck is great. 25" PRS/Dano scale with a C profile and a nice wide graphite nut - not cramped like I find Fenders but not too wide. Each guitar has a stamped serial # on the back of the headstock. It's a slab body but very well balanced and not heavy.

The pickups are both Alnico 5's - neck is a P-90 and the bridge is a bucker. These are stellar pickups - some of the best I've heard - and worth the $99 alone. The tone goes from a nice mellow jazz to a quacky tele. It will even do the brutlz. Sounds great on clean or high gain. The controls are very well thought out and work great.

Only caveat is they need a setup. The fret ends are nicely dressed but I had to do some fret leveling and nut work to get the action down where I like it. Each guitar comes with the factory QC report so you can see for yourself what is checked and how your guitar rated.

It's the best $99 I've spent on gear period. So good, I ordered a second. Sorry for the long post, but some people discount these because of their looks and miss the stellar features you get for almost no money. Snooze and you lose. They had about 100 left this morning when I ordered my second.

• Members

(retails at $67)

Plus, includes free Proline guitar stand. Great price at $30, even better with a free stand thrown in.

The stand streets for at least $15-20 (i.e. it actually sells for that price). So the stand + the case for $30 is certainly a great deal, if you can, er, stand the covering on the case.

• Members

...if you can, er, stand the covering on the case.

Actually, *I* don't mind at all... but I can think of some possible negatives associated with pulling a long, camouflage case out of the back of a vehicle if agents of the local constabulary happen to be watching. I'm in suburban DC. Could get exciting.

Archived