July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Have you ever put one of these kits together? Is it something that a novice with basically no experience could do on his own with probable success?

Absolutely! I ordered the P45 kit last year and have it (almost) finished. That's only on account of my laziness, not the difficulty of the pedal. The kits are on par with BYOC, but I feel BYOC has better availability for modifications (especially the rotary knobs on their BMP and Rat clones) and more pedals available.

The hardest thing is the wiring. It pays to be patient and careful there.

• Members

Absolutely! I ordered the P45 kit last year and have it (almost) finished. That's only on account of my laziness, not the difficulty of the pedal.

The hardest thing is the wiring. It pays to be patient and careful there.

You may not know since you have not finished yet, but how do these sound? I see the demos on the website, but I am just curious about your impressions of you have heard one of these in action.

• Members

You may not know since you have not finished yet, but how do these sound? I see the demos on the website, but I am just curious about your impressions of you have heard one of these in action.

I'm going just off the demos, but they seem to sound great. People on the HCFX forum have positive things to say about the BMP, FF, and Rat kits. I have a completed TS808 kit that's really sweet (built by someone else, fixed by me). Clipping switch adds versatility. I'm just not using it, so it's up for sale.

• Members

I put together the GGG dod250 and the blues breaker clones a few months back....very nice, easy builds...

I'm thinking of getting the BSIAB 2 kit ....it's on special at $54 plus 20% off would bring it to $44....hard to beat that.

• Members

I put together the GGG dod250 and the blues breaker clones a few months back....very nice, easy builds...

I'm thinking of getting the BSIAB 2 kit ....it's on special at $54 plus 20% off would bring it to $44....hard to beat that.

Thanks guys, I think I will try my hand at this with one of the pedals..

• Members
Wow! Thanx! I have been looking for a Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer clone kit & this is priced perfect for the poor boy blues I have been playing lately! The OSQ kit has some pretty good reviews too!
:thu:

Amen, I've been looking for something like this, too!

• Members
Wow! Thanx! I have been looking for a Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer clone kit & this is priced perfect for the poor boy blues I have been playing lately! The OSQ kit has some pretty good reviews too!
:thu:

Hard to pass up at least one of these projects to occupy some time this summer.. :thu:

• Members
Okay - Im sharing this here in order to stop myself from buying it. Somebody take this thing:

CHARVEL SOCAL GREEN $749 Buy it Now * LIVE.COM 8% off = $689

NO TAX, $25 for Shipping.

This is a great deal if you're looking for one of these. Even on the 4th of July call in thing, Sam Ash was selling these for $940.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-USA-So-Cal-1-2H-Electric-Guitar-w-Fender-Green_W0QQitemZ120445513174QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item1c0b1cadd6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

2416439ebaycharvelgreen.jpg

The new Charvels can be had for $800-850 new if you shop around and do a little haggling, so I wouldn't say this is a very good deal.

YMMV...

• Members

I know that the MF accessory sale is on at MF, but I thought this was a good deal that could get overlooked easily. I bought 5 of these yesterday at $4.99/each:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-AFrame-Electric-Guitar-Stand?sku=451059#new

494982.jpg
They are great compact stands and at $4.99, I don't imagine they will be around too long..

I put 20 of these in my cart yesterday... Today I toned it down to 10 and I am about to finalize my order. Anybody have experience with this stand? http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Deluxe-Amp-Stand?sku=451065#new

What do these REALLY normally sell for... and is this price really as huge a discount as they say?

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Deluxe-Amp-Stand?sku=451065#new

• Members

I put 20 of these in my cart yesterday... Today I toned it down to 10 and I am about to finalize my order. Anybody have experience with this stand?

What do these
REALLY
normally sell for... and is this price really as huge a discount as they say?

Musician's Gear, IIRC, is the badge that MF puts on pretty much all of their generic stuff. You can find stands like that for about $10 pretty much any time, but $5 is pretty cheap.

That said, what on God's Green Earth could you POSSIBLY need 10 guitar stands for? (Let alone 20)

I mean, even if you own 10 (non-nitro) guitars... Why would you want to keep the entire collection stood up like that? And even if you have a legitimate reason to do so, wouldn't a multi-stand make a lot more sense?

• Members

I mean, even if you own 10 (non-nitro) guitars... Why would you want to keep the entire collection stood up like that? And even if you have a legitimate reason to do so, wouldn't a multi-stand make a lot more sense?

I sometimes buy larger quantities of cheap stuff to give as gifts. Perhaps he knows a lot of guitar players and doesn't want to spend a lot on gifts for special occasions.

Archived