the only reason to have lots of guitars

jjpistols

• Members

is because you want lots of guitars

you don't need all the different tones - you don't sound like all those different artists on all those different records - you really don't have to fill niches, musically - you're not an artist with lots of colors, you play guitar

you would get the job done on one guitar, if you had to

you just want to have lots of guitars

nothing wrong with it, if you admit it -- justification and excuses are silly, though

:blah:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As the owner of about 15 electric guitars, 4 acoustic guitars, and 4 guitar amps, I agree with you.

I could own one electric, one acoustic, one bass, one guitar amp, and one bass amp, and get get pretty much the same variety of tones I do now. :facepalm:

But I really like having the variety. :o

• Members

I just love guitars in general, its the only hobby I've ever really had.

I don't make much money and I certainly don't need all the guitars I have, but there is a certain satisfaction in coming home after a long day of bull{censored} and walking into my apartment and finding a nice wall of happiness to greet me. As long as the bills are paid and i'm still saving for the future, I don't see anything wrong with indulging my passion :thu:

• Members

musically - you're not an artist with lots of colors, you play guitar

scuze? I am a freakin chameleon, musically, and NEED each and every guitar I own( and some I don't own yet) to keep up with my creativity.

:cool:

;)

:wave:

:thu::thu:

• Members

I just love guitars in general, its the only hobby I've ever really had.

I don't make much money and I certainly don't need all the guitars I have, but there is a certain satisfaction in coming home after a long day of bull{censored} and walking into my apartment and finding a nice wall of happiness to greet me. As long as the bills are paid and i'm still saving for the future, I don't see anything wrong with indulging my passion
:thu:

:thu::thu::thu:

• Members

the difference between need and want is kinda fuzzy. you NEED food, shelter, and clothing - you WANT a guitar(s). if you WANT to do something other than just survive, let's say make music, then you NEED a guitar. depending on what you WANT to do, then you may NEED more than one guitar.

• Members

I really think every guitar player should have at least a les-paul type guitar, a strat style guitar and maybe 1 "bonus" kind in their arsenal (floyded guitar, tele, or semihollow). They really are different beasts and at least for me, are not usually interchangeable.

I am a sucker for sweet superstrat style guitars though.. I buy them because I like them not because I need them.. :thu:

3897052960_4724f8486b_b.jpg

• Members

I suppose I could trim it down to one acoustic, one nylon and one electric...

Guitarsonacouch.jpg

And i could make do with one mandoline, one pan pipe and a djembe...

Familycouch.jpg

But i need my ninety hand puppets to play theater for the kids in the kindergarten (another one of my hobbies):

HandPuppen.jpg

Archived