the only reason to have lots of guitars

jjpistols

• Members

Wrong. I need to have 22 guitars, more actually.

I need them because I'm like a painter, painting from a candy colored pallet of tone. I have a bouquet of sounds emanating from my guitar collection. I am the candy colored clown.

thank you easter bunny!

bock bock

:wave:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Been there. For now, I've just told my current band that I'm limiting us to two tunings; I'm just not going to carry 4-5 guitars to every show. Thus, we play some tunes in standard that are dropped a half-step originally. The singer gets a bit annoyed sometimes, but I can virtually guarantee that nobody in the audience knows or cares.

Sadly, I don't have that luxury.

We use capos in standard tuning, but we have songs in DGDGAD, DCDGAD, DADF#AE, DADFAD, regular DADGAD and then a bunch in standard. We're basically forced to have three guitars a piece.

• Members

Some people collect things because they like to HAVE them..I have stuff because I use them..one of my first instructors, a real classic rock shredder, runs around town with a Squire, he says they are lighter, easier to play, and you can't tell the difference in sound...

Anyway...someone said a long time ago, he owned a high end music store...that after a while, only the best will do...I do get that...

I mean if you {censored} can 9 guitars to get a few nice ones...it's just that finding that guitar is so hard...I think my next one is that Yngwie strat..gotta try it...

I have a youtube vid, where I compare two American Strats, one with Vintage pups, the other with EMGs...you can tell...

I am considering putting up a vid of 'Cheap guitar shootout..Squire vs OLP' or maybe...USA strat vs Chinese Squire...Fender would probably send a hit team after me if I did that..

Slash...said something pretty cool, that started making sense when I got some gigs under my belt..to the effect '..that I had some guitars that played great live, but when I went into the recording studio, they didn't cut it'

I have a new Traynor Tube amp..pretty rare feature in that it has a headphone out...so I started hearing things, I never heard..

If your like me trying to figure out your tone...get a pair of headphones..might help you decide which guitars to keep...

Archived