Yellow Guitars? Yeah or Nay

GAS Man

• Members

Wife defnitely thinks this one should go back.

I posted it here before. Got a better pick of it today.

This was advertised as a SG Special Faded Yellow

They should have advertised is as a SG Faded Special Worn Yellow

As you can see, there's not much "faded" about the shade of yellow (like the MF webshots), but it has the exact same finish as the worn browns and reds. Fairly open wood grain feel and look up close.

DSC01853.jpg

But this thread is not to debate the MF issue,

this is more for "What do you think? :love: OR :p

I'm kinda "in between"

Plus Please post your yeller guitars if'n you got any.

New photo

DSC01863.jpg

"Auto fixed" photo which sharpened it but enhanced the yellow a hair

DSC01863-1.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course what's most important is that your wife has the illusion of control in this situation!

Anyway, I like the old "TV yellow" color, but I think part of that color is in the gloss coat. The satin-finished ones just show too much grain and texture for me, and I think it has an effect on the actual shade. The flatness of the finish makes it seem thinner and less radiant.

My Strat is butterscotch blonde, but it's more yellow than the Teles of the same name. It's pictured here with a gratuitous shot of the 339 for your pleasure!

CIMG1956.jpg

• Members

I like this SG a lot and obsessed about whether I should get it when it was available here. However, I then decided colorwise to go for the opposite SG ;) (which one could that be?)

I like satin finishes, so if it plays well I would keep it. They are rare and will stay so.

• Members

I personally really like the Faded Yellow SG you have GAS Man, but then again yellow and orange are 2 of my favorite colors. All yellow guitars are cool by my standards, especially the Yamaha Arkay posted :thu:.

Archived