Yellow Guitars? Yeah or Nay

GAS Man

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was part of the original "let down" for me. MF didn't describe the guitar very accurately, so I thought I'd be getting something closer to the "TV Yellow" and with the finer SG Special finish. It had the same MSRP as a Special, so it was a bit misleading in a couple areas. Now I'm just trying to think, "okay, but for what it is, what do I think?" This was on the SDOTD for $599.99 but with tax in my state, => 6-fiddy.

edit:

Here's the MF color depiction - much closer to a TV Yellow

535065.jpg

• Members

I like that color, but didn't you say it would be redundant?
:p

:lol: You're right, thanks for the reminder.

I do have this puppy too.

SGKnobs002.jpg

So I'd only be gaining it in another color basically. That'd make sense in the Bbreaker world though. ;) I guess I could find one thing to mod though to help rationalize it. :lol:

• Members

:lol:
You're right, thanks for the reminder.

I do have this puppy too.

SGKnobs002.jpg

So I'd only be gaining it in another color basically. That'd make sense in the Bbreaker world though.
;)
I guess I could find one thing to mod though to help rationalize it.
:lol:

Burstbucker 1 & 2; Bigsby?

• Members

btw its yeller not yaller if your trying to make a southern reference!!!!! that word would be used like....... yall'er bout to leave so soon?

Thanks for correcting my ignorant Northerner ass. I'll make note. Maybe I was thinking South Central/West. :lol:

:wave:

corrected!

• Members

I am a huge fan of the yellow guitars. I love the Tempest Krashpad has. I also wanted that LP Special faded double cut, the SG looks great, and that yellow gem has caught my eye since the late 80's early 90's. I also like the yellow and black tele's, as well as the '51.

Never bought one, but someday.

• Members

Burstbucker 1 & 2; Bigsby?

I recently picked up the Diablo which has those BBs. That was my major motivator, i.e. to have an SG with that combo. I haven't had a lot of time with the Diablo yet, but so far I'm loving the BB1 in the neck. Sound very nice with that complex tone BBs have from the uneven winds. I'm still trying to figure out what I think about the BB2 in the bridge. Initial thoughts are it's fairly bright. Quite a bit more so than the same pickup in my Les Paul (which of course to some degree should be no big surprise, but it's sounding kinda close to a '57 at first listen) I actually love these 490Ts in the bridge because of their warmth. But I'm going to experiment with backing the BB2 pup down a hair to see if it warms it up a bit more.

But a B-5 Bigsby, on the worn brown, now that's a thought! ;)

• Members

I snagged my new darling, the "Bananacaster", a Graffiti Yellow Powerhouse Strat, a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure about the yellow at first, but now I'm digging it.

On a related note: what do you folks think of a tortoiseshell pickguard on a bright yellow Strat?

On another related note: the stock p'ups sound pretty good, but has anyone combined GFS pickups with the guitar's boost and gotten nice results?

• Members

I snagged my new darling, the "Bananacaster", a Graffiti Yellow Powerhouse Strat, a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure about the yellow at first, but now I'm digging it.

On a related note: what do you folks think of a tortoiseshell pickguard on a bright yellow Strat?

On another related note: the stock p'ups sound pretty good, but has anyone combined GFS pickups with the guitar's boost and gotten nice results?

Hey man, how do you feel about your powerhouse? I'm trying to pull the funds together to maybe buy that (my "crisis" thread will be posted shortly). In Navy Blue however, that NB color, sexy maple neck and pearloid pickguard makes my ideal strat aesthetically.

Archived