Yellow Guitars? Yeah or Nay

GAS Man

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey man, how do you feel about your powerhouse? I'm trying to pull the funds together to maybe buy that (my "crisis" thread will be posted shortly). In Navy Blue however, that NB color, sexy maple neck and pearloid pickguard makes my ideal strat aesthetically.

I really like it. It's the only guitar I've played since I got it. It came with a flight case and a Planet Waves lead cord, and I got it for $360.

I'm curious about the pickups, though. I wonder how a set of Boston Blues would sound in it. That Blue wire would look pretty snazzy through the clear covers, and the boost might do something interesting to them.

Anyone have soundclips of the Boston Blues?

• Members

Plus one meeellion for the yellow SG - looks great. I'd want to switch the pups for something with a Chrome cover (most likely a set of Mean 90s), though that's cosmetic as much as anything.... great looking guitar.

You've all seen it before, but I love it so here it is again!

My P-Bass is pretty yellow too

blurangle.jpg

bassfrontcloseangle1.jpg

Nice. Is that the Mike Dirnt sig model? Quite fancied one of those myself, but no lefties. :idk:

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Did someone say amber?

:)

tiger_outside_2.jpg

I have the same guitar, but one improvement I made was to replace the knobs with amber top hats and an amber toggle switch end (from gibson spares dept) I also replaced the truss rod cover with the older one that has standard engraved (again gibson genuine spare part).

For me with things like les paul DC's and juniors worn or relic'd TV yellow cant be beaten

Archived