Oddball Guitars

Ultimatum

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

-------------Bond guitars in general usually would never NEED a refret, since the fretboard has no frets to begin with:thu:One thing that may not be known here, The Bond Guitar has no wood in it at all, and is entirely made of Carbon Fiber, including the fretboard. The fretboard has a series of "steps", made from Carbon Fiber that act as frets. The fretboard will ALWAYS remain straight, and will never be affected by sweat or moisture:love:and while most will never be able to find one(the vast majority will never need it though), the boards were designed to be replaceable by the factory............................The REAL Rocker.

The fretboard is aluminium and will wear down just like a fret.

• Members

-------------Bond guitars in general usually would never NEED a refret, since the fretboard has no frets to begin with:thu:One thing that may not be known here, The Bond Guitar has no wood in it at all, and is entirely made of Carbon Fiber, including the fretboard. The fretboard has a series of "steps", made from Carbon Fiber that act as frets. The fretboard will ALWAYS remain straight, and will never be affected by sweat or moisture:love:and while most will never be able to find one(the vast majority will never need it though), the boards were designed to be replaceable by the factory............................The REAL Rocker.

I have one. It has a stepped aluminum fingerboard (anodized black) instead of traditional frets.

Plays like butter but you have to change your technique to bend the strings.

• Members
The fretboard is aluminium and will wear down just like a fret.

-------------Haven't seen it happen yet(and I have put a lot of mileage on mine:thu:), and I have had a few and am friends with folks who also have a few. Do you actually own one, or is this opinion based on what you heard from someone else??:confused:.......................The REAL Rocker.

• Members

I love garage rock but would not google "sick dick" unless I turn safesearch back on.

Just use quotes around the entire bandname.

If you'd done that you'd know that the band borrowed the name of a fictional band in The Crying of Lot 49, a novella by Thomas Pynchon.

• Members

Take a string and rub it on a big piece of aluminum.

See how long it takes to wear that piece of aluminum down.

Less time than it would a piece of nickel silver and much less time than a piece of stainless steel. Aluminium is a soft metal and if hard anodised the coating tend to be quite brittle and not very wear resistant. I'm curious as to how they make an aluminium edge that doesn't wear.

• Members

Less time than it would a piece of nickel silver and much less time than a piece of stainless steel. Aluminium is a soft metal and if hard anodised the coating tend to be quite brittle and not very wear resistant. I'm curious as to how they make an aluminium edge that doesn't wear.

A plate of aluminium has much more mass than a thin strip of fret wire.

• Members
I for one am shocked that 'real' rocker is talking out of his ass.

----------------------:bor::bor:"yawn", here we go, yet Another person who deosn't have one:facepalm:, or you know why we are both right. Go look for another thread to troll in, you got nothing here:wave:.......................The REAL Rocker.

• Members
But you'd only need to wear half a millimeter off the edge for it to flatspot and need "recrowning".

--------------I realize that as players were are all different:thu:, and we all are different in how we play, but I have owned Bonds since they first came out, and my fretboards are all fine, and in good condition a few decades later:love:. They are tougher then you give them credit for:lol:.....................The REAL Rocker.

Archived