Oddball Guitars

Ultimatum

• Members

This thread is a tribute to oddball guitars. No-names. Rare brands/models. Strange shapes. Oddball guitars are just cool!

So, have you ever owned one? Or simply seen one? Have you ever GASed for one?

Post up some pics of your favorite oddballs! Here are some of mine:

90's Washburn SBT-21

529385_368215613210131_100000650852509_1

This is one I actually own. Cool story behind it. You see, their shutting down my school next year and that means they'll have a surplus of guitars at the other schools in the district. So, I'd been drooling over this baby for a while, and one day my band teacher said to just keep it! I filled out some paper work and BAM! New guitar!

1985 Fender Performer

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNBHxJpn-Ry76pI-yCH99

This thing is just one last sweet bird from Fender before they went under! I've never owned one, but I'd love to one day!

So, what about you guys?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dis!

Mine

ThinlineJaguar-May152012.jpg

And a much nicer picture off of the Dave's Guitar Shop website

000583B-440x301.jpg

It's the Fender Special Edition Jaguar Thinline. They've sold a regular thinline in Japan since last year, but this year, to commemorate 50 years of the Jaguar, Fender authorized 250 of them to be sold by shops outside of Japan. It's a great guitar. It plays and sounds like a million bucks.

• Members

I have a Bond Electraglide Guitar.

It's a carbon fiber electric guitar with a stepped aluminum fingerboard instead of traditional frets.

It has pickup switching, volume and tone controls are completely digital, powered by a large internal motherboard.

One selects pickups via five pushbuttons; volume, treble and bass were incremented numerically via digital rocker switches, confirmed by a three-colour LED readout.

a.jpg

e.jpg

g.jpg

i.jpg

• Members

I played one of those for half an hour in a store once. Fell so in love. It may be a one-tone machine, but man, it does that one tone beautifully.

They are tons of fun and really do get the creative juices flowing . I've used it tons of recordings both as a lead and ambient sounds it's one of my personal favorite instruments .

• Members

It's a carbon fiber electric guitar with a stepped aluminum fingerboard instead of traditional frets.

It has pickup switching, volume and tone controls are completely digital, powered by a large internal motherboard.

One selects pickups via five pushbuttons; volume, treble and bass were incremented numerically via digital rocker switches, confirmed by a three-colour LED readout.

a.jpg

e.jpg

g.jpg

i.jpg

Wow , this is indeed far-out !

• Members

ilteredo-full1.jpg

Il Teredo:

This is without exception the most unique guitar Bob has ever created. The sound holes are naturally constructed by the Teredo mollusk, also known as the Ship Worm. Never one to shy away from a challenge, when Brent Cole, owner of Alaska Specialty Woods, handed Bob some of his finest Sitka spruce

• Members

a.jpg

e.jpg

g.jpg

i.jpg

I'm guessing a refret will be expensive.

• Members
This thread is a tribute to oddball guitars. No-names. Rare brands/models. Strange shapes. Oddball guitars are just cool!

So, have you ever owned one? Or simply seen one? Have you ever GASed for one?

Post up some pics of your favorite oddballs! Here are some of mine:

90's Washburn SBT-21

529385_368215613210131_100000650852509_1

This is one I actually own. Cool story behind it. You see, their shutting down my school next year and that means they'll have a surplus of guitars at the other schools in the district. So, I'd been drooling over this baby for a while, and one day my band teacher said to just keep it! I filled out some paper work and BAM! New guitar!

1985 Fender Performer

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNBHxJpn-Ry76pI-yCH99

This thing is just one last sweet bird from Fender before they went under! I've never owned one, but I'd love to one day!

So, what about you guys?

I have a thing for the Performer as well. Also some of the Elite stuff that Fender put out at that time. I also jones for a Hamer Standard and a Brian May of any make. Those early Carvin v330's made out of flamed maple are also on my radar.

Archived