You know what sucks? Strats.

honeyiscool

• Members
So- 'adapt it' then?

I can't tell the difference between a real thread and a troll thread anymore- both are full of trolls trolling.

No, just push it down. It stays down. Push it again and it comes up. It's totally out of the way if you want it to be. Leo thought of everything. :cool:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Look Uma, you need to get the persepctive right, and in persepctive what we have with guitars essentially is sexual organs.

The Les Paul is a pair of perfectly formed 36D tits, the Strat is a newly depilated vagina, the Tele is a cock, and the Jaguar is a wrinkly scrotum, they all do have their uses and are great fun to play with and together, but we all know which ones look good
59.gif

I see the strat more as a rampant rabbit dildo - all the knobs in the wrong places and chafes like hell on my pinkie.

• Members

Perhaps your pinky is so calloused that you don't notice it anymore. But it's definitely a design flaw.

You shouldn't have to play around anything. It's ergonomically incorrect.

you never did respond to my be my girl video. the youtube one that you can see. page 7

• Members

Guitar pots are a poor platform for volume swells to begin with. This is superior in every way:

ERNIE_BALL_VOLUME_PEDAL.jpg

Uncorrect.

Your post skirts the issue and displays a typically poor level of tastemanship. Does Hank Marvin need that silly foot-crutch? I think not. Neither do Strat players.

• Members

Uncorrect.

Your post skirts the issue and displays a typically poor level of tastemanship. Does Hank Marvin need that silly foot-crutch? I think not. Neither do Strat players.

They're satisficing with outdated, compromise technology. The volume knob on the strat came at a time when there were no volume pedals. The strat volume knob allowed people to do volume swells, at the cost of ergonomics. Now you can have both. Welcome to the 21st century.

• Members

I don't get why people are ragging on Honey. Guy can obviously play. Is him not liking strats reason enough to jump on him? But anyway...

To ME, a strat is well-designed if you need to access the controls while playing. Try doing that with a Les Paul. If that's not important to you, and you don't like the controls as is, just get a different guitar!

I will say that I kind of agree with the people saying it's nice to be able to adapt to the instrument though. I used to have the worst time with the middle pickup on a strat; but I eventually realized that it actually was due to poor technique and I adapted.

Archived