You know what sucks? Strats.

honeyiscool

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

View Post

Why put up with an inferior instrument like a Strat when Leo already corrected its defects?

Except for that semi-wonky bridge. Could also get a longer neck, like 25.5 inchers worth.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kit_strong

View Post

Simple solution is to close your hand and not have all your fingers flailing about. Guess that's why it's never been an issue for me.

My fingers don't flail about. My hand is open so I can apply palm mute very quickly to all six strings. Tell me, how else would you play this little bit I just made up?

If this is poor technique, well, I'm sorry, but this is how I play, and it just doesn't happen on a Strat for me. I just tried it with a closed fist on a Strat. It didn't sound or feel right, and at that, I ran into the volume knob many times anyway.

• Members

Honey i've seen many of your comments and give you much credit your way younger than me have done more musically than me but you must be suffering from a small penis in your criticism of strats. Jimi, Stevie, Jeff all play strats and make great music with them. I used to criticize strats when I was younger I love them now. Build your own guitar then brother.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

My fingers don't flail about. My hand is open so I can apply palm mute very quickly to all six strings. Tell me, how else would you play this little bit I just made up?

If this is poor technique, well, I'm sorry, but this is how I play, and it just doesn't happen on a Strat for me. I just tried it with a closed fist on a Strat. It didn't sound or feel right, and at that, I ran into the volume knob many times anyway.

we bit a different flavor. my quick attempt.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wrongnote85

View Post

we bit a different flavor. my quick attempt.

Video unavailable. But if I have to take a guess, you "solved" the problem by moving your hand away from the bridge, thereby taking away a lot of the treble and bite, also the partially muted notes are probably now fully muted.

See, now the riff's changed.

Ever wonder if people say that Teles have more bite than Strats because Teles are easier to play at the bridge because Strats are way too crowded there?

• Members

f this is poor technique, well, I'm sorry, but this is how I play, and it just doesn't happen on a Strat for me. I just tried it with a closed fist on a Strat. It didn't sound or feel right, and at that, I ran into the volume knob many times anyway.

Not sayin its poor technique, maybe it is, maybe it aint.

The point is its ONE technique. There are many. You should try some.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Apple Slim

View Post

If strats came stock with a nail poking through the fretboard, Stratists would say, "You just have to adapt your technique, there's nothing wrong with the instrument. Play around the nail."

• Members

Dude, video unavailable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Apple Slim

View Post

Why? What do I gain from abandoning my normal way of playing? I don't need to change my strumming hand technique. I see now that most people strum with a slight positive angle (going into the neck) or straight across the strings, I strum in a pretty pronounced negative angle (going away from the neck). I also write with a reverse slant as well. Changing something this big isn't something I need to be doing, especially since I don't really see what I gain in terms of things I can play by reversing my strumming angle, and I would lose my ability to palm mute six strings while strumming chords.

• Members

View Post

Go and play Be My Girl by the Police and you'll understand what honeyiscool is talking about.

View Post

Then you already know that the Strat volume knob is a hindrance to playing it correctly.

a_s_2007.jpg

Archived