You know what sucks? Strats.

honeyiscool

• Members

You had me fooled with the Jeff Beck reference, since I don't "get" his playing. Then I picked up on the sarcasm after that.

Damn. So I'm still the only guitarist who doesn't get Jeff Beck?
:confused:

...Frusciante.... LOL!
:rolleyes:

For the record, though it doesn't help the "for Strats" argument, I too don't "get" Beck based on what I've heard of his playing.

What did Frusciante use a Jag vs. a Strat for? I can imagine him using other guitars but wasn't aware of anything else.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So left handed players don't have the vol. problem? Is that true?

Do they have special reverse taper knob's?

Quick search,,seems they do.

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/pro...-Tone-Pot.html

So installing a lefty pot on a righty means accidentally hitting the vol. will open instead of close it.

And these people here say simply swapping the wires on the vol. pot does the same thing? Is it that simple?

http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/tech...aper-pots.html

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly

View Post

You know what sucks? Creating a post that allows Django to exhibit his trolling abilities.

just cause you're so far away doesn't mean you have to yell so loudly. this is the internet bro, we can hear you just fine.

• Members

Another mistake...ALL THE POTS ARE BACKWARDS!!!! smile.gif

Yep...they're all reversed of what they should be. The right taper knobs they use are made to be controlled from the front when facing them not from behind. The way they are now is counterintuitive and reverse of what they should be.

So not only will left taper pots cure the vol. knob problem but is the type of pot that should have been used in the first place including the tone's.

OK...everyone go BERSERK!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by McCain

View Post

Another mistake...ALL THE POTS ARE BACKWARDS!!!! smile.gif

Yep...they're all reversed of what they should be. The right taper knobs they use are made to be controlled from the front when facing them not from behind. The way they are now is counterintuitive and reverse of what they should be.

aha. now i see why SRV played like this:

srv.jpg

and all the design flaws of the Strat clearly got to Stevie:

srv17.jpg

and Jimi clearly had anger issues caused by the Strats' imperfections:

6a00df351e888f8834011570ed9ccf970b-450wi

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by peskypesky

View Post

this young fellow was so upset with the Strat his parents bought him for Xmas that he lost no time in hauling it off to the trash dump where it belongs:

4506006091_ab5fdb29c3.jpg

Actually he is working in this picture. Outside school hours he relics guitars.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by machine gunner

View Post

That's a big assumption...or maybe they simply got tired of the countless/pointless threads like this one.

'/Troll Thread' was clearly spelled out in the OP. That and the thread title should have told you everything you needed to know about where this thread was going.

If you believe this thread is pointless, then posting in it is contributing to the problem. The solution is to ignore threads that you consider a waste of your time. If you truly believe there's no point to the thread, than posting in it makes you look hypocritical.

IMO, this thread is an obvious, silly troll-thread which serves to blow off some steam. It's essentially a rerun, so not one of the more creative efforts.

This forum is unique in allowing a certain amount of foolishness that other guitar forums won't tolerate. The extra freedom brings extra anarchy.

The dominant themes at HCEG are trolling and shopping. Bitching and whining about trolling and shopping are of secondary importance. Anything that actually relates to practicing or playing the guitar doesn't hold a lot of interest here. It's been this way for the more than 5 years I've been around. If that's something that gets under your skin, maybe it isn't the best enironment for you.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jrockbridge

View Post

'/Troll Thread' was clearly spelled out in the OP. That and the thread title should have told you everything you needed to know about where this thread was going.

If you believe this thread is pointless, then posting in it is contributing to the problem. The solution is to ignore threads that you consider a waste of your time. If you truly believe there's no point to the thread, than posting in it makes you look hypocritical.

IMO, this thread is an obvious, silly troll-thread which serves to blow off some steam. It's essentially a rerun, so not one of the more creative efforts.

This forum is unique in allowing a certain amount of foolishness that other guitar forums won't tolerate. The extra freedom brings extra anarchy.

The dominant themes at HCEG are trolling and shopping. Bitching and whining about trolling and shopping are of secondary importance. Anything that actually relates to practicing or playing the guitar doesn't hold a lot of interest here. It's been this way for the more than 5 years I've been around. If that's something that gets under your skin, maybe it isn't the best enironment for you.

I don't get it.

Archived