You know what sucks? Strats.

honeyiscool

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guitar pots are a poor platform for volume swells to begin with. This is superior in every way:

ERNIE_BALL_VOLUME_PEDAL.jpg

guitar volume for pre-distortion changes, pedal for post distortion changes.

just don't use the tuner output. it loads your signal. put a pedal tuner in-line instead.

• Members

The sleek futurism of the Jaguar might seem startling to those used to mundane instruments.

...though nothing dates faster than futurist design. On aesthetics alone, I like the design of the Jag, but one of the things I like about it is that it looks so precisely a product of its time.

• Members

...though nothing dates faster than futurist design. On aesthetics alone, I like the design of the Jag, but one of the things I like about it is that it looks so precisely a product of its time.

Not really. It's a timeless sort of futurism, understated and forward-thinking. That's why offsets are still favored among elite guitarists in elite bands.

• Members

Not really. It's a timeless sort of futurism, understated and forward-thinking. That's why offsets are still favored among elite guitarists in elite bands.

Ah, sorry. Didn't realise that.

Can we come to some arrangement whereby I run my posts past you before I go public, so as to avoid the shame and embarrassment of having you correct me in front of the guys?

• Members

Well, the future has arrived apparently because I think offsets are almost as common as Teles as far as those hipster bands are concerned.

• Members

Ah, sorry. Didn't realise that.

Can we come to some arrangement whereby I run my posts past you before I go public, so as to avoid the shame and embarrassment of having you correct me in front of the guys?

Excellent idea. In fact, the entire forum should do likewise. It'd be a tremendous sacrifice on my part, but never let it be said that Django is not a helper.

• Members

perty koo video. guy can play, and man its all about developing technique for the instrument you play.

and yea, why wouldn't i call min a strat?

Because at some level, we all know that an SSS guitar with three knobs, a five way, and a vintage whammy is a Strat. Yours is definitely starting to get away from that and getting more into the Super-Strat regions, though not quite.

You know, my Hello Kitty is a Strat, too. They call it one. But it's not one, we know that.

• Members

This whole thread sucks. Haven't we had enough of this type of thing for a lifetime?

Threads like this serve a purpose just like sewers. When you flush a toilet, that water has to go somewhere.

If you want to change things, you have to respond to the types of threads that sink like a rock. For example, people sharing their music will get very little reponse at HCEG.

Archived