How many of you CURRENTLY play in a band?

delayed delay

• Members
In a band.

My live rig is probably worth around.

$4k. thats 2 guitars, ac30, and my pedals. not even including cables and other amps or guitars.

lol. didn't see the pictures earlier. Hahaha. i'm going to add a visual aspect to my post.

I need a dedicated cab for my bassman.
3450552091_9c183681d2_o.jpg
3800278228_8676f10caf_o.jpg
3651776186_c643f02ef9_o.jpg

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fender Mexi HSS Strat with some work done>
Boss RC-2
Ibanez DE-7
Boss CE-5
Russian Big Muff
Boss BD-2
Dyna Comp
Fender PT-100 tuner
Vox V487A Wah>

Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue

I am currently in a band, but this one will only be going on for another week as every one of my band mates is off to college. I already have a band lined up for when they leave though, and hope to get 2 projects going this coming year.

• Members

Thanks, goodhonk
:)
I'm not familiar with Sponge yet, but our keyboardist loves the song "Closing Time." I hear the similarity, though we pre-date Semisonics by a decade
;)

that's what i was thinking; wasn't that song out in '98?

maybe it's not Sponge, it's the dudes that sing "sixteen candles down the drain", they had a couple of other hits too, probably around '94-'97.

edit: it is sponge; they sing "wax ecstatic" and "molly (sixteen candles)"

• Members

I play in a band, as well as do some solo stuff on the side. Live I mainly use an Epi SG Jr, Riviera P93, and a double neck through a Marshall TSL122 with a Vox wah, HOG, TU-2, trem, Script Phase90, Murf, 2 DL4's, a Seymour Duncan boost and LPB.
I've got a couple of shelves of other pedals, some other guitars and amps also that I like to use in my studio. Most of which wasn't very expensive.
Check the sig if you want to hear the band.

• Members

I'm in one band that actually gigs, and I {censored} around with other people once in awhile or on my own. The band I'm in plays originals, mostly garage/punk type stuff. We just like to get drunk and rock.

My normal rig includes The Fender Ratocaster (partscaster) or Ibanez Jet King 4 > dirt and fuzz and delay > Peavey Delta Blues 1x15.

I try to rock on the cheap whenever possible. When I get expensive {censored}, I just get paranoid that I'll piss on it or spill beer or blood on it.

• Members

In a band, gigged last weekend, but have this one off (singer is on vacation).

Current gear:

Bogner XTC
Marshall 3203
Marshall 1960A
Marshall 1966A
Marshall 1966B
ADA MP-1
Quadraverb GT
Korg DT-1
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
2006 Gibson R0
Steinberger GL2TA
Ovation Elite 1868 w/ Gracie stand
Roscoe custom superstrat
Electra Westone (Pantera?)
Mackie 24x4 console
(2) Crown XLS402
Crown XLS602
Sunn SA21
(2) dbx 231 EQ
dbx 3-way crossover (forget the model)
Assorted SM-57s and SM-58s
Various PA and monitor cabinets & cables to hook it all up.

• Members

In a band. Gig regularly. Getting ready to tour 4 realz.

No pics of the guitars I use in the band, but they are: '52 MIM Fender Esquire reissue and a '90s Fender Tele.

Most recent board:

DSCF0052.jpg

Loop One: Fulltone '70, ZVEX Mastotron, Fuzzhugger (fx) Algal Bloom, Xotic Effects AC Booster, Dunlop QZone, Boss SD-1, Boss TU-2.

Loop Two: Barber Trifecta, green Russian Muff, SD Pickup Booster.

Amps (please refrain from the tape over logos comments/questions. We've already been through that):

fuji007-1.jpg

Traded the 800 for a 100 watt Super Lead Reissue, so now it's a late 60s 100 watt Marshall Super Lead into a Marshall 1960 B, and the reissue into a Marshall 1960 B.

• Members

In a "band" I guess you can say (church), maybe another soon. Currently play about 3 weekends out of the month.

Gear is kinda changing up at the moment, but it for the most part has been Jazzmaster into Vox AC15HTV1 and a medium sized pedalboard with stuff that would make me fit in better at TGP. :)

• Members

Seems a lot of us are in bands after all, and some with pretty expensive gear. I'm in two bands, organ in one and guitar in the other. One gigs, the other is a bit too new to be at gigging levels yet and is more relaxed, so I'm not sure whether we'll get to the point of playing shows any time soon.

Organ setup: Farfisa Compact Deluxe (for sale, btw :poke:) > pedal board > Ampeg VT-22

Guitar: RI Tele Deluxe or DOT > pedal board > Peavey Rag right now, Ampeg GII when I can afford to fix it.

Pedal board is the same for both bands for ease of practice, though I only use volume/fuzz/DMM for organ. The signal is:

Hendrix Crybaby > EB Volume Pedal > TU-2 > IC Muff > DMM > FX-90

Stuff that stays home: 91 RI RAT (used it in my last band, never know when I'll need to use OD again), Red Witch Fuzz God II (funny enough, my one boutique pedal doesn't get gigged).

• Members

I play in a band, and have for years - but I think it's a generalization to say that all people playing in bands have cheaper gear than bedroom heroes.

I'd say, au contraire! Sure, if you're in a garage rock or a punk band or something, yes, you'll have cheaper gear... But for me, playing solid professional gigs - well, I've got a lot of stuff.

If I were to add up the cost of my gig rig (JUST what I bring to every gig), it would break down like so:

Pedals: approximately $1900

Pedalboards: $1000 (including switcher)

Power supplies: $400

Cables: $600

Amps: $2500

Keyboards: $600

Guitars: $5260

Total cost of just my own personal gear to each and every gig? over $10,000.

...That's not cheap gigging ha ha :D Especially when you factor in the bassist/acoustic guitar, the 2nd guitarist, the keyboard player and the drummer, sax, and backup singers... And my trucks, etc, for getting there :cool:

Organ setup: Farfisa Compact Deluxe

YES! :D That's what I have too :cool:

• Members
I play in a band, and have for years - but I think it's a generalization to say that all people playing in bands have cheaper gear than bedroom heroes.

I'd say, au contraire! Sure, if you're in a garage rock or a punk band or something, yes, you'll have cheaper gear... But for me, playing solid professional gigs - well, I've got a lot of stuff.

If I were to add up the cost of my gig rig (JUST what I bring to every gig), it would break down like so:

Pedals: approximately $1900

Pedalboards: $1000 (including switcher)

Power supplies: $400

Cables: $600

Amps: $2500

Keyboards: $600

Guitars: $5260

Total cost of just my own personal gear to each and every gig? over $10,000.

...That's not cheap gigging ha ha
:D
Especially when you factor in the bassist/acoustic guitar, the 2nd guitarist, the keyboard player and the drummer, sax, and backup singers... And my trucks, etc, for getting there
:cool:

YES!
:D
That's what I have too
:cool:

Yeah, I just wanted to see how many of us were actually gigging; didn't really mean to offend anyone who owned expensive gear and wasn't in a band. I think the majority of us do use our gear in live situations, rather than just let it sit in our bedrooms.

Archived