How many of you CURRENTLY play in a band?

delayed delay

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I play in two bands. One on guitar ond one on drums. I think playing in a band isn't the issue. The deciding factor on pedals is if you have a good day job. :cool:

I run: Guitar- Trem probe- FullMoon Phaser- Fuzz God- Ooh Wah- Wah Probe- OCDv1- Mimic Mock1 Delay- Chili Picoso Boost- Orange AD30R

And I have a ICBM Fuzz on the way that is going to get plugged into the mix.
Money well spent in my opinion. I love my sound.

• Members

so all these laws apply today? hmmm...

Yes, God still wants us to obey the laws of the Old Testament. However, some of the punishments in the link you provided is most certainly related to the culture of that time. Obviously, stoning your children for disobeying you is out of the question within our cultural context and even within the New Testament culture, it had diminished significantly. That's just one example.

The consequences of breaking the laws have changed, and I attribute that also to the cultural changes we've seen. And that started in the New Testament. There's always consequences breaking God's laws (God Himself hasn't changed), the consequences have just changed. You may think that's hypocritical or contradictory, but if you studied the history of the church you might come to a different conclusion.

• Members

I play in one project we're trying to save from oblivion because of the lack of intelligence of local bassists, but we play and reharse quite often anyway thanks to the miracles of modern technology (the magical loop station). That's a fusion project though (Mike Stern, John Scofield and that sort of stuff), that doesn't have space for tonal experimentation like I would.

Because of that I'm starting a more experimental project with noises, loops, synths and everything but I'm experiencing the first problems with the playability of the things live, since the material we're working on right now is pretty layered and full of different (virtual) instruments and "diddly diddlies" and we're only a two-piece act right now, but we'll see.

• Members
I'z just curious.
:lol:

I believe it was Crxsh who stated once before that "Most of use need $5k worth of gear just to sound good in our bedroom!"... and that got me thinkin'...

How many of you are currently playing in a band/church/orchestra/etc... or do you just love makin' sweet music/toanz on your own (nothing wrong with that at ALL by the way...)?

'Cuz I'm honestly willing to bet, and its rather amusing, that the people who play live w/ other peeps actually own cheaper pedals compared to those who play in their bedrooms...
:lol:

I used to gig and tour regularly with my old band...just started playing out with my new one and plan to do many regional shows over the next year or so before touring...my pedal board consists of the following...

Keeley Comp -> Skreddy Top Fuel -> Xotic BB -> Keeley Katana Clean Boost -> Xotic AC -> Timmy -> EHX XO Worm -> Eventide Timefactor -> Line 6 M-13

I use a MIDI loop switcher to turn everything on and off and I have an RJM mini-mixer that I run the outputs of the Timefactor and M-13 into so when I bypass the input, the delays and reverbs trail out naturally...it also splits my mono guitar signal into my two amps when my stereo effects are bypassed.

The pedals themselves aren't crazy expensive, but they aren't particularly cheap either...but they do the job. I got crazy compliments on my playing and tones at our first show the other night. :thu:

• Members

Does it make me an awful person that I gig in church (I don't consider my current church band an actual band, not judging others but mine I don't count) but don't believe in what they preach because they pay? I don't make A LOT by any means, but I still get paid paid between 100-300 a month depending on how much they need.

• Members
Does it make me an awful person that I gig in church (I don't consider my current church band an actual band, not judging others but mine I don't count) but don't believe in what they preach because they pay? I don't make A LOT by any means, but I still get paid paid between 100-300 a month depending on how much they need.

Yes. :mad:

Just kidding...it's a paying gig. I'd imagine there's plenty of folks who play in cover bands who don't like every song they play but they get paid to play what people want to hear, so they play it.

I couldn't be in a cover band unless I had my own thing on the side, but as "day jobs" go, it beats flipping burgers or coding. :D

• Members

Yes, God still wants us to obey the laws of the Old Testament. However, some of the punishments in the link you provided is most certainly related to the culture of that time. Obviously, stoning your children for disobeying you is out of the question within our cultural context and even within the New Testament culture, it had diminished significantly. That's just one example.

The consequences of breaking the laws have changed, and I attribute that also to the cultural changes we've seen. And that started in the New Testament. There's always consequences breaking God's laws (God Himself hasn't changed), the consequences have just changed. You may think that's hypocritical or contradictory, but if you studied the history of the church you might come to a different conclusion.

i have taken many church history classes in college-christianity has a very violent/corrupt past, and IMO, even though good comes from christianity the bad outweighs the good.

• Members

er, this sucks turning into a religious debate.

Separate the actual christian teaching from the guilty bastards that used religion to enforce their personal/political agendas.

I did play for a christian praise band once...it was really nice, but offers little growth and freedom when you want to play noise and fuzz!!!

I so wanted that amp to explode!

• Members

er, this sucks turning into a religious debate.

Separate the actual christian teaching from the guilty bastards that used religion to enforce their personal/political agendas.

I did play for a christian praise band once...it was really nice, but offers little growth and freedom when you want to play noise and fuzz!!!

I so wanted that amp to explode!

agreed, i'm done-no more from me-bring on the band talk

• Members
I'm in a band now thats called monsters like candy. Just a two piece. I've spent a a good amount of money on my gear but it was well worth it. the tele has lollar vintage specials with a glendale bridge. since this pic the DMM has been replaced by the original POG.

awesomeness.jpg

Sexy rig is sexy.

• Members

My band has amazing taste in gear... and we've been blessed with what we have (not to mention a good bit of debt thrown in too).

I've got my Hiwatt Custom 100/Valvetech VAC 50 combo and I use a Gibson 339, Fender 62 Tele RI, Gibson SG and a pretty snobby pedalboard (I hang around here too much) live. The other guitarist has 3 Tele's (72 Thinline, 72 Deluxe, and a Standard) an Orange AD30htc stack and a smaller pedalboard. Bass player has an Ernie Ball bass with an SVT-4 Pro and 810 cab. Singer uses a Roland Fantom X8, and our drummer uses a Ludwig American Vintage Exotic Maple kit with Zildjian Constantinople crash rides and K Custom Dark hats.

Lots of fancy stuff probably in the 25-30k$ range on stage, but honestly we practice twice a day EVERY day and work harder than any other band I've ever been around and nobody uses their stuff in a bedroom because we're never home. Come see us in Manhattan this month on the 19th, 25th, and Sept 2nd at Crash Mansion on Bowery.

• Members

My band has amazing taste in gear... and we've been blessed with what we have (not to mention a good bit of debt thrown in too).

I've got my Hiwatt Custom 100/Valvetech VAC 50 combo and I use a Gibson 339, Fender 62 Tele RI, Gibson SG and a pretty snobby pedalboard (I hang around here too much) live. The other guitarist has 3 Tele's (72 Thinline, 72 Deluxe, and a Standard) an Orange AD30htc stack and a smaller pedalboard. Bass player has an Ernie Ball bass with an SVT-4 Pro and 810 cab. Singer uses a Roland Fantom X8, and our drummer uses a Ludwig American Vintage Exotic Maple kit with Zildjian Constantinople crash rides and K Custom Dark hats.

Lots of fancy stuff probably in the 25-30k$ range on stage, but honestly we practice twice a day EVERY day and work harder than any other band I've ever been around and
nobody
uses their stuff in a bedroom because we're never home. Come see us in Manhattan this month on the 19th, 25th, and Sept 2nd at Crash Mansion on Bowery.

I wish my band were a bit more like yours in the Gear dept. I know it all comes down to good music, but seems like you guys have the whole package very well covered.

Tell me all about your 339, I saw one at GC yesterday, surprised me how small and comfy it looks, have you tried it with your other guitarist's Orange?

• Members

Lots of fancy stuff probably in the 25-30k$ range on stage, but honestly we practice twice a day EVERY day and work harder than any other band I've ever been around and
nobody
uses their stuff in a bedroom because we're never home. Come see us in Manhattan this month on the 19th, 25th, and Sept 2nd at Crash Mansion on Bowery.

Damn man.

For the record, I saw you guys live a year ago and if you're playing as much as you say you are, I can't imagine the show you're putting on now.

I wish I could cough up the kind of dough I'd like to spend on gear, but it's just not in the cards. I also wish I had the ability to practice "twice a day, every day"...holy {censored} man, it'd be an entirely new beast.

• Members

I write songs, write music, sing, and play guitar in a band. I mostly play acoustic electric, but, I'll be whipping out the Dano for the more 'electric' songs.

100_0134.jpg

Epi John Lennon Acoustic

Fender HRD amp

Pedal Board - Fender PT-100, Dano TOD, Little Big Muff, Delta Labs chorus, Stereo pulsar and a DE-7. I'd love to put a Space echo, and a Rat on it though.

Archived