How many of you CURRENTLY play in a band?

delayed delay

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I play in a 400 seater church twice a month on average. There's no set band just a rota of 3-4 people on each instrument. Sometimes I will be the only guitarist, sometimes with an acoustic guitarist/singer and rarely with an electric guitarist/singer.

Gear Ric 360 or Ric 330 and LP Classic-Klon, KOT EH delays-Cornell Romany Plus gearpaged up with NOS valves and an Alnico Tone Tubby.

I play in a rehearsal only band with friends. We play guitar in other bands and in this one we just play. We dont gig as yet as it's a side project.

Gear Ashbory bass, house kit maybe with my cymbals and DW mini snare, borrowed Strat, borrowed board with Analogman and ZVex stuff on it Budda amp with maybe some of my pedals.

The other demographic is my age, I'm 47 been in constant employment since 16, children are no longer so and the wife has two degrees and a professional job.

• Members

I'm currently in three bands. Play guitar in two bands that play original tunes. And I play bass in the third one which is the backing band of an Icelandic Idol winner, and that's mainly just cover songs.

That's why I love my Hiwatt DR201. I can use it with guitar and bass and it sounds freakin' kick ass!

I'm currently downsizing my pedals and guitars so when that's done I'm not gonna have to much gear.

• Members
Fender&EHX4ever
- I have a big gig in Indy in October. My first gig since last October

Is that gonna be for your new-wavey stuff?

I play in a band that is slowly starting to get somewhere, I just found out today we are the main support for The Offspring for their Sydney and Melbourne shows. :) (i'm not a fan of there stuff after Ixnay :thu:)

I've got around 30-40 pedals, with the band I use about 10 pedals, and most of the ones that serve the band best are the cheap ones! (dano TOD, Moen pretty dolly, small stone)
The most *expensive* pedal on my board is the RE-20

• Members

I've been out of a proper band for 2 years. The last show opportunity I had with a band was to open for Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (gag me), but we were kind of splintering and couldn't get it together for the gig.

Tonight, I'm playing my first show since then, with a local female-led folky country kind of getup at a tiny coffee shop. I'm more nervous than I thought I'd be, and I'm not even close to the focus of this ensemble! I probably should play the show with a mim tele and a pod plugged into the PA, but I'm sure I'll bring way more gear and pedals than necessary -- gotta have mah delayz and toobs and {censored}!

I won't list my gear because I have too much for how good I am and how often I "play out". but hey, I could have used that money on worse stuff, right?

My dream is to somehow get together a band that could play the music my friend and I have been sort of recording since I've lived down here in FL.

• Members
3406617971_fc48d9f423_o.jpg
(starting up again next month)

and then there's my solo project
3332260512_07b89c855a.jpg

about expense, the most expensive stuff I have is the SG (which I got a major deal on, BTW) and the timefactor. nearly al the rest is cheap DIY or cheap dod/digitech.

• Members

not in a band, but I also haven't been actively looking for one. I work fulltime at least 45 a week. I like playing in my spare time and writing music.

about $2600 in pedals on a PT jr

one guitar, American Tele

about $1600 in electronic gear (synth/sampler)

AC15, Badcat 15 (which Im about to trade for a twin)

$2000 in recording gear

• Members
not in a band, but I also haven't been actively looking for one. I work fulltime at least 45 a week. I like playing in my spare time and writing music.

about $2600 in pedals on a PT jr

one guitar, American Tele

about $1600 in electronic gear (synth/sampler)

AC15, Badcat 15 (which Im about to trade for a twin)

$2000 in recording gear

:eek:

• Members

i had my own band, but its on hiatus and i've just been writing more stuff.

just starting to play in another band today. rig for that is gonna be strat>pt2>reverberocket.

gear wise, i have way too much. probably ~$7,000 worth of guitars/amps and probably more than that in pedals.

Archived