How many of you CURRENTLY play in a band?

delayed delay

• Members
I write songs, write music, sing, and play guitar in a band. I mostly play acoustic electric, but, I'll be whipping out the Dano for the more 'electric' songs.

100_0134.jpg

Epi John Lennon Acoustic

Fender HRD amp

Pedal Board - Fender PT-100, Dano TOD, Little Big Muff, Delta Labs chorus, Stereo pulsar and a DE-7. I'd love to put a Space echo, and a Rat on it though.

so you're selling that white tele then?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

so you're selling that white tele then?

Maybe. I'm at a crossroads really, I love the feel of the Tele, but I can't get a pup combo that a really like. But, I don't really dig the feel of my Dano, but I love the sound it has, real warm and chimey kinda.

• Members

In a band....tour a bit, possibly will be touring a lot more in the near future....

Gear consists of

First Act Sheena w/ Pearly Gates and AlNiCo II Pro
Greco Les Paul w/ JB

Pitch Black
Silverkiss Mk 1
OCD v4
Mastotron
DLS v1
EHX Small Stone USA
EHX Stereo Pulsar
Boss CE2
Nova Delay
Boss DD2
EHX Holy Grail
EHX LPB1
Boss RC2 and FS5U

BBE Supacharger
Pedaltrain PT1

Furman PL8
Rocktron HUSH Super C
BBE Sonic Maximizer

Vox AC30CC2

Board wired with Planet Waves Cable Station Kit

Mogami Gold cables everywhere else

• Members

Maybe. I'm at a crossroads really, I love the feel of the Tele, but I can't get a pup combo that a really like. But, I don't really dig the feel of my Dano, but I love the sound it has, real warm and chimey kinda.

interesting.

• Members

I think a lot of the stuff we buy to sound great at home gets lost in a band setting-or kind of gets wasted. That boutique tube screamer sounds better, but with a band playing the difference is much smaller. Also, with a tube amp cranked up, you're already getting much of the sound that the pedals are trying to emulate so you don't need the pedals to do as much work to achieve your sound.

I'm not currently in a band-kind of keeping my eye out for a casual stiuation that won't require all of what little free time I have with kids in football, etc. Most bands want you to learn a ton of songs in a couple weeks and gig in a month.

• Members
I think a lot of the stuff we buy to sound great at home gets lost in a band setting-or kind of gets wasted.

what sounds good in the bedroom really never sounds good live IME.

Get a good amp (I prefer them loud), a guitar that holds a tune and really that's as good as it gets.

oh, and one of these

mellowstrat1.jpg

• Members

I play in a Bigband and in a singer/songwriter duo.

Gear:
Guitars:
DeArmond Starfire special - semihollow
Ibanez AF105 SM - full hollow
Lag Spring something - acoustic
Volcano strat - travelguitar (tiny)

Amps:
Hughes and Kettner 20th aniversary edition tube
Fender Champ12
Roland Microcube

Effects:
Dunlop JH-1 wah
MXR dynacomp
Digitech Bad Monkey
Blackstar HT distortion
Boss volume pedal
Korg tuner
Boss CE-2 chorus
MXR Carbon Copy

Usually with the bigband it's the hollowbody straight to a large tube amp. Or sometimes with the BM and volume pedal in between.

With the songstuff it's just the acoustic into the PA

So most of the effects and amps are just for home use. I have played in a bluesband and a coverband where I used the though.

My alternative rig is The DeArmond into an M-audio soundcard with a pimped out macbook and a yamaha midi footswitch. I use GuitarRig 3 for the sounds. Sounds good and is really, really, reaaaally versatile.

Never let go of a chance to tell about our gear ;)

• Members

I play in a generic rock cover band- which aren't many in the local rural area, so bars and private parties are the way to go here. Not many avenues or people willing to get involved with original music live around here for some reason.

anyway, here's my live gig setup:

2006 Squier Standard Stratocaster with GFS hot rails set

into

DOD FX80B Comp/Sus -> Digitech Bad Monkey -> Marshall Guv'nor II+ -> Dano Fish'nChips EQ -> DOD FX64 Ice Box Stereo Chorus -> Zoom G2 (for random multieffects for certain songs -> Digitech Digidelay

into

Early/Mid 70s Fender Dual Showman Reverb 100w head

into

Avatar 212 Bluesbreaker cab with a Eminence Texas Heat and a Peavey Sheffield speaker.

• Members

or how they make ends meet

Debt, and supportive families who throw us some money to eat every now and then... also we sleep in a van on the road, I've slept in the back of a 15 passenger van every night since early July, and most of March, April, and May. Means we don't have to pay for a motel room every night which saves a lot of money, we're lucky we actually get to come out in the black most of the time when we tour. The money for my gear is a combination of great deals, selling things I had for more than they were worth, waiting a ton of tables at the Cheesecake Factory, money from my grandparents passing, and gifts from my ex girlfriend and family.

I'd love for you guys to come out to a show... if any of you are within driving distance of Manhattan please come out sometime this month!

• 1 month later...

Archived