How many of you CURRENTLY play in a band?

delayed delay

• Members

I'z just curious. :lol:

I believe it was Crxsh who stated once before that "Most of use need $5k worth of gear just to sound good in our bedroom!"... and that got me thinkin'...

How many of you are currently playing in a band/church/orchestra/etc... or do you just love makin' sweet music/toanz on your own (nothing wrong with that at ALL by the way...)?

'Cuz I'm honestly willing to bet, and its rather amusing, that the people who play live w/ other peeps actually own cheaper pedals compared to those who play in their bedrooms... :lol:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, and posting a list of your gear is a MUST. We gotta compare how much each of us has spent on our gear...

EDIT: My gear's in my sig. About $3,500 total invested... and I'm completely satisfied with my tone... I'm currently listed in 1 band fulltime, and I play at a couple churches every chance I get.

It took me a while to really invest in the higher dollar gear... but I bit the bullet. I've got a Superdelay and a Wilson Rippah Q wah on the way in, and the Fender Strat's on the way out.

• Members

In a band, kinda. I play pretty regularly with New Haven Improvisers' Collective. I actually use a ton of pedals with them because we're a really experimental group.

My gear is...

Instruments:

Rickenbacker 330

Fender Strat (Heavily Modified MIM)

Fender Stratosonic (With p90-sized Humbuckers)

Martin Auditorium Acoustic

Fender Jaguar Bass

Omnichord 100

Flute

Shake

Amps:

1967 Bassman 50 Head

Blues Jr.

Traynor YCV50

Dr. Z Maz 18

Effects:

Akai Shredomatic

Ayan Slim n Smooth

Boss OD-3

Boss BF-2

Boss NS-2

Boss EQ-7

Dano CC Fuzz

Dano CC Drive

Dano CC TOD

Dano Fish + Chips

Digitech Whammy

Digitech Digidelay

Digitech Reverb

Digitech Synth Wah

DOD Resistance Mixer

DOD Bass Overdrive

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q

EHX HOG

EHX DMM

EHX Memory Boy

EHX Big Muff NYC

EHX Stereo Polyphase

EHX Stereo Pulsar

Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom

G.S. Wyllie Moonrock

Mellowtone Wolf Computer

Mellowtone Hi-5 Boost

Midfi Pitch Pirate

Moog Ringmod

Morley Pro Series II Wah/Distortion/Volume

MXR Phase 90

MXR Bass D.I. +

Radial Tonebone Classic

Radial Tonebone Trimode

Singing Tree FX Overdrive

Soulkitchen Sugarbuzz

Starcaster Chorus

Visual Sound H2O

Walco Chord and Note Sustainer

Xotic X-Blender

Yamaha REV100

I use a different set of gear/effects for pretty much every performance.

• Members

2 bands. guitar in an indie rock band and bass in a two-piece "punk" band.

this is my gear for my rock band

guitars:

MIK Squier II or CV Strat and Fernandes H65 or sometimes a Cyclone. -> Pedals:

Zoom Ultra Fuzz->SD-1->PS-3->E13 Sodameiser->70'sSmall Stone->Soundtank Trem->RV-5->RV7->DMM->RE20 amp:Musicman H65 into Marshall 1960a

Picture387.jpg

og6.jpg

• Members

I play in a surf band,but we've only played one gig so far.

this is my main rig;

PMuJm.jpg

Crate V3212;$300 MF blowout

Doubleneck Danelectro;present from a friend for helping him work on his car (it was a LOT of work)

RMI 368x;$100

played through a Leslie Model 16;$100 + some random parts to make the footswitch work properly.

V90H5.jpg

craigslist 12-string;$200

XgG51.jpg

• Members

this my gear for my 2 piece band:

random 70's Tiesco mini bass->gojogtexan1.jpg

POG->Triboost->PS3->PS-3->SD1->Fuzz Factory->RC-2->PS3->DD-5->Cutec Analog delayPicture345.jpg

amps:random 90's Fender Bassman10, random Peavey Power amp into Carvin 2x12 and Rivera 1x15

vocals:PS-3->Electra Comp->OCt fuzz->DOD ch/del

replaced the oc-2 with a triboost and added analog delay

for vocals:(i replaced the ds-1 with the electra comp)

Picture274.jpg

• Members

I play in a surf band,but we've only played one gig so far.

this is my main rig;

PMuJm.jpg
Crate V3212;$300 MF blowout

Doubleneck Danelectro;present from a friend for helping him work on his car (it was a LOT of work)

RMI 368x;$100

played through a Leslie Model 16;$100 + some random parts to make the footswitch work properly.

V90H5.jpg
craigslist 12-string;$200

XgG51.jpg

wow. let me be in your band.

• Members

In a band kinda. We haven't done anything in a long time due to work and free time contraints. Haven't played live in over a year. Planning on doing noise live some time before october though, but probably not.

I've actually down graded my gear because I don't play in a rock band any more. My guitars and amps are listed in sig, as for effects...

Rock: WH-4 > Little Alligator > Super Chili Picoso > EVH Crybaby > Guv'nor > Silverkiss > green Big Muff > 74' reissue Phase 90 > Carbon Copy > PDS-8000 > Holy Grail > Mig-50(or blackheart handsome devil)

Noise: Morley ABY > WH-4 > Little Alligator > DOD Thrashmaster > Green Big Muff > Small Stone > 74' RI Phase 90 > Carbon Copy > PDS-8000 > Holy Grail > 16 Second Delay > Mig-50(or Carvin X50)

Usually use the LTD, Warmoth, or Yamaha for the rock stuff. Lately it's been the yamaha so I can use the wang bar.

For the noise I use a kaossillator synth pad through my effects, and also the harmony meteor for feedbacking and general guitar stuff. I also use the Yamaha on occassion, again because of the wang bar.

Probably not the most expensive rig, but back when I played in a metal band I just used guitar > noise suppressor > amp (5150 recently, DSL50 and Dual Recto in the distant past) Even when we weren't playing just all out heavy riffing, I never used effects live. I used a cheap boost pedal with the DSL50, but that was it. Usually amps and guitars were the majority of my costs. Especially when I had the dual recto and les paul standard. Nothing like a $4500 rig.

Though since I stopped gigging the brewtals, I have been buying more effects lately >.> Before I just bought stuff to have and fiddle with at home, now it's incorperated into my general sound.

Archived