Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Members

The Line 6 EX-1 works great and is inexpensive.

The Boss FV500H or FV500L both work as well. You'll have to use the Exp Pedal jack on these, and adjust the MIN VOL knob on the side appropriately to get it to work.

www.mission-engineering.com also makes a pedal that is rumored to be Line 6 compatible, however I haven't tried one personally.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've got a problem with running the M9 in stereo. I've checked the manual and I don't see any solution for this weirdness.

I plugged my dirt boxs into the (mono)L input and I run the two outputs to my two amps. Both amps sound good when I'm running effects, but if all the effects in a Scene are off, then no sound is sent to the amp using the Right output. Only the Left side works.

BTW, I don't have to be running a stereo effect to get them both to sound, but sometimes I just want to run my guitar clean through both amps.

Is there a way I can get both amps going all the time, weather effects are being used or not? If not it's going to be impossible for me to use this with my stereo rig.

I just plugged my M9 into two amps w/ the FX disengaged and it worked fine. Signal through both amps. :idk:

• Members

Um, well... my "brootz" playing isn't exactly spectacular here, but I really was kinda sick of fiddling and ready to call it quits at this point. So, basically, you get another half-assed vid w/ a good idea & poor execution.

Enjoy. ;)

Qser__E9kYY

• Members

Not even close but not horrible either. You need heavier strings for drop D also, sound like you're using a 42 on the bottom string?

Yeah... they're Lime Slinky's, so it's a 46. I used to play STHB's, but I don't really play heavy much anymore.... so I'm back to the regulars. And you're right, there's something missing w/ the M9. I spent a good deal of time trying to dial this in, but there's a certain punch in there that the M9 can't touch.

• Members

Yeah... they're Lime Slinky's, so it's a 46. I used to play STHB's, but I don't really play heavy much anymore.... so I'm back to the regulars. And you're right, there's something missing w/ the M9. I spent a good deal of time trying to dial this in, but there's a certain punch in there that the M9 can't touch.

Maybe the same holds true of modelers as it does with pedals... stack models?

TS + Rat?

• Members

Maybe the same holds true of modelers as it does with pedals... stack models?

TS + Rat?

I stacked 4 L6 Distortion models on my M13, and 4 stacked sounded the exact same as 1 standalone, just more noise.

For me though, I'm not a heavy user of distortion. I'll use an odd light overdrive at most. I bought the unit for modulation, and delays...

• Members

I stacked 4 L6 Distortion models on my M13, and 4 stacked sounded the exact same as 1 standalone, just more noise.

For me though, I'm not a heavy user of distortion. I'll use an odd light overdrive at most. I bought the unit for modulation, and delays...

Well all you're doing there is increasing the gain, no? That's why we stack different dirts.

• Members

I'll check it again, but seems like mine is defective. It's going back to Sam Ash.

Thanks for checking.

I seriously doubt its defective - it would be REALLY strange for such a complex piece to be defective in such a subtle & isolated way. Might want to call or talk to someone @ Line 6 & see if they can walk you through some trouble shooting. . .

• Members

I'm pretty stoked right now. Got a chance to breeze through most of the effects on my M9. Reverbs and delays were primarily what I bought it for, and they are fantastic, as I've come to expect from Line 6. Mine must have the newer firmware on it since the Particle Verb (:love:) and Tube Comp are already on board.

The modulation effects took me by surprise - this box does a damn good Dimension D and CE-1! The former is a sound I've loved for a long time and I've even considered hunting down that weird purple Boss stompbox with the 4 buttons just to get it... just that very mild chorus spread. :love:

Can't say I was too keen on most of the dirt, but I didn't buy it to replace the dirt I already have, which at the moment is a Tonebone Trimode, a Bad Monkey, and a soon-to-be Keeley modded SD-1. It was gonna be a hard sell to replace those anyway... and again, since the M9 isn't the size of an airfield, it doesn't have to. That's the beauty of it.

I will say this, the Big Muff model kicked ass. Very interesting to have a 3 knob tone stack instead of a single tone pot like on a real Muff. I was getting HUGE fuzz sounds.

So not that there was much doubt, but it's staying on my board. Speaking of which... to those with powered boards, how are you powering this beast? Its wall wart puts out 2000 mA, does it really need that much?

• Members

So not that there was much doubt, but it's staying on my board. Speaking of which... to those with powered boards, how are you powering this beast? Its wall wart puts out 2000 mA, does it really need that much?

Yes, it really does. You don't want to under-supply digital effects. Bad things happen.

Then again, you don't want to put in too much juice either. Just stick with the given power adapter.

Archived