Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I have zero worries/complaints from the few minutes I was inside. Of course I would've loved to see easily replaceable, heavy duty, panel mount stomp switches, but that just isn't going to happen. Nobody short of boo-teek folks do stuff like that. I'm glad the stomps have been upgraded though - closer to the big Boss pedals, but more complex, with a smaller diameter tactile switch & the LED lens contraption also acts as a guide for the spring/plunger actuator deal. Like I said, no worries.

The case is plenty easy to take apart, 8x screws, jimmy it side to side to clear the top half & you're in. There are switch & UI daughter boards with one big main board & a few ribbon cables. Its all pretty typical stuff. Jacks are nice, robust parts & they added some shielding over the ins/outs which is cool. MIDI users might have liked to see something securing the MIDI jacks to the panel, but this probably isn't necessary.

Not going to post gut shots here unless Rich is cool w/ it. . .

Oh, and BTW, thats not a bottle cap. Thats a wildly sexy NOS Bakelite knob & you no can has!!! :p

• Members

IMG_7184.jpg

:idk:

Yeah, no, I REALLY don't care. I assure you, I could not possibly care any less than I care. You are NOT the person who was tempting me with delicious promises of uberdirtmagick. :mad:

edit - looks good, dirtier than I usually go with that patch, I tend to run the treble @ about where your top mark is, drive low, filter & output high-ish.

• Members

Yeah, no, I
REALLY
don't care. I assure you, I could not possibly care any less than I care. You are NOT the person who was tempting me with delicious promises of uberdirtmagick.
:mad:

edit - looks good, dirtier than I usually go with that patch, I tend to run the treble @ about where your top mark is, drive low, filter & output high-ish.

I can't tell if that post was initially very harsh or not....or really what it was pertaining too.

• Members

I can't tell if that post was initially very harsh or not....or really what it was pertaining too.

Oh, it was me being silly. Totally over-the-top silly. You have to read EVERYTHING I post in a funny voice, or I might sound like a jerk. I promise. 100% silly!

I'm sorry. :(

• Members

uhg. kind of want. I could see myself possible ditching everything but my dl4 for additional looping.

I'm still not fully sure on how it functions. Each button is a different set of effects? how many at once?

I'm in the same boat somewhat. I like the sounds I'm getting out of my rig at the moment, but I could definitely use some more modulation and the filters sound fun. Is this thing really worth unloading some of my other pedals for?

• Members

I'm in the same boat somewhat. I like the sounds I'm getting out of my rig at the moment, but I could definitely use some more modulation and the filters sound fun. Is this thing really worth unloading some of my other pedals for?

I did it, and know 100% that I can play the m9 alone and it can make the same effects I do with the full boards I've been using.

That's pretty impressive I think.

• Members
I did it, and know 100% that I can play the m9 alone and it can make the same effects I do with the full boards I've been using.

That's pretty impressive I think.

Haha, I was kind of hoping you'd be the one to answer this question for me. Just what I needed to hear too, thanks! :thu:

• Members

hmmmm. you know, if I wind up bonding with this thing enough I might end up getting a second one for my electronica rig. it'd be kind of like a kaoss pad on steroids as far as effects go... and since I'm seriously thinking about getting a Moog Theremin it could be insanely cool... hrm indeed.

• Members

I'm having problems programing an Earnie Ball Jr. as an expression pedal.

I press on it and set a value then I pull back and set the other value. But when I want to use the wah I go forward again it erases what I just programed.

Help!!!

• Members

Yeah, I have zero worries/complaints from the few minutes I was inside. Of course I would've loved to see easily replaceable, heavy duty, panel mount stomp switches, but that just isn't going to happen. Nobody short of boo-teek folks do stuff like that.

I think the new RP1000 and 500 use actual panel mount stomp switches

good to hear from someone who knows that they did make the switches better tho.

• Members

I'm having problems programing an Earnie Ball Jr. as an expression pedal.

I press on it and set a value then I pull back and set the other value. But when I want to use the wah I go forward again it erases what I just programed.

Help!!!

did you go into set up and actually assign the expression pedal to the effect you are controlling for the scene you are in?

Manuals are great for that sort of thing.

• Members

I've got a problem with running the M9 in stereo. I've checked the manual and I don't see any solution for this weirdness.

I plugged my dirt boxs into the (mono)L input and I run the two outputs to my two amps. Both amps sound good when I'm running effects, but if all the effects in a Scene are off, then no sound is sent to the amp using the Right output. Only the Left side works.

BTW, I don't have to be running a stereo effect to get them both to sound, but sometimes I just want to run my guitar clean through both amps.

Is there a way I can get both amps going all the time, weather effects are being used or not? If not it's going to be impossible for me to use this with my stereo rig.

Archived